Best foundation for mature skin - what do you use on clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolie69

Reaction score
Hi
Still in search of great coverage foundation that doesn't transfer during day or make skin look more lined, older.
Have used light coverage of MAC full coverage, MAC mineralise, BB liquid found. and Airbase.
Wondering about the new Chanel 24hr wear?
Oops forgot to say I do bridal and photoshoot work so need base to look great on camera and LAST!
Thanks

Chanel Vitalumiere?

I use Art Deco Rich Treatment for nature / dry skins. Its lovely & rich & lasts all day. Very hard wearing.

Having got mature skin I can tell you that I'm better with airbrush make up or mineral but the most important bit is the primer. The best one I've found so far is by e.l.f.
It's a clear primer, leaves a smooth skin finish behind and doesn't dry my skin out. I love it. It comes in a pump bottle and one pump is enough to do all my face and neck area.
Art Deco mineral make up is my choice of foundation, you can build it up in the area's that need it and it doesn't look caked on.
The air brush is the same, light covering over all and then extra where it's needed to cover the sun damage etc.
hth

Thanks for replies.

It's mainly mum's or auntie's I'm asking about but may get mature bride.
I always use primer to match base or Laura Gellar Spackle which is great!

I've had a couple of Mum's who don't wear makeup say they don't like the foundation "look" as they feel it highlights wrinkles. Others have been really happy so I was thinking they must have had v dry skin x
How do your choices perform on these skins please ? X

Anyone else please
Thanks

Hi
I tried a surprisingly great foundation yesterday and thought I'd share!
Vichy Dermablend liquid in Natural- perfect match for me. Lasted all day, no cakiness and didn't settle in lines etc. Am definitely purchasing for my bridal clients once I've tested on camera but am getting it for my personal use too.
Love it! X

I second Chanel vitalumier good medium coverage photos well lasts well I also love clarins skin illusion medium to buildable coverage SPF 10 photographs well.

Latest posts

Back