What foundation do you use on yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also a huge fan of EL's Double Wear! You only need to use a tiny bit, and it stays put all day until you take it off - it doesn't smudge or rub off on anything, dries really quickly. Lots of shades available too!
It's got good coverage, quite heavy at first if you're not used to it but I don't really notice any more. They do a lighter version called double wear light but there aren't many shades to choose from.
Primerwise, I only recently started using one as I wondered what the hype was about and now I use it all the time! I'm lucky enough to have clear skin but it really makes your face so smooth and foundation goes on so much easier with it - makes foundations last longer too. I really like the number 17 primer at boots - definitely the cheapest I've found (£5!) but works well!! There are probably better ones around but I'm happy with my bargain buy - you could always try it to see how you got on with it before treating yourself to a pricier one x

I switch between double wear and clarins everlasting =]

I've worked on ALOT of makeup counters so i have tried everything haha I'll be honest though, nothing stays on my skin. I have very dry skin and use kiehl's products which are fantastic but no foundation ever stays on my skin no matter what it is lol so I find that these are the best two for me they give a lovely coverage and texture and they have a wide colour choice.

If you go to a beauty hall at boots or debenhams or wherever and get colour matched, ask for samples, they will give you a sample or two and then you can try before you buy, I would recommend anyone to do this because if you're buying a premium cosmetic product you have to be able to justify the price, as some are not worth the money at all from my experience =]

Happy testing =] x

I am estee lauder double wear girl too! i have tryed a lot of foundations and this is without doubt my favourite.

rachel x

Wow, thanks guys for amazing responses! Looks like Estee Lauder is very popular on here :biggrin: so I will go to Debenhams on my next day off (Sunday) ,have my skin tone matched and get some samples as few of you suggested. I am quite bad at guessing my skin tone and always end up buying the wrong shade.
Thank you again to everyone who responded.

I switch between double wear and clarins everlasting =]

I've worked on ALOT of makeup counters so i have tried everything haha I'll be honest though, nothing stays on my skin. I have very dry skin and use kiehl's products which are fantastic but no foundation ever stays on my skin no matter what it is lol so I find that these are the best two for me they give a lovely coverage and texture and they have a wide colour choice.

If you go to a beauty hall at boots or debenhams or wherever and get colour matched, ask for samples, they will give you a sample or two and then you can try before you buy, I would recommend anyone to do this because if you're buying a premium cosmetic product you have to be able to justify the price, as some are not worth the money at all from my experience =]

Happy testing =] x

Oh Clarins fan here also, use there skin illusion foundation!but then ive worked for them for 9 years lol. Have used dw before it is lovely but i find it a bit heavy for me. Thats just my personal opinion though. Happy shopping! x

I use Laura Mercier powder and liquid. It really is amazing. I previously used Jane Iredale as I stocked it and I thought that was the best until I tried LM and it totally wiped the floor with JI.

I agree with Bagpuss about the make up alley site.

Double wear for me too... I LOVE it!!

Double wear too, all day everyday xx

I have found the best and most naturally looking way to apply EL Double-wear is with a beauty blender....as it can if applied to thick look mask like...you dont need the actual brand beauty blender, superdrug do a dupe by cosmopolitan (i think, its pink anyway) you soak it in water...till its like double is size, then squeeze out the excess water and rub a little with a towel...so its moist but not wet wet, then apply a little of you DW to the sponge and start dabbing...almost bouncing the sponge over your face...it feels strange, it sounds crazy but trust me you will be shocked at just how flawless and natural it looks when applied this way.

I have found the best and most naturally looking way to apply EL Double-wear is with a beauty blender....as it can if applied to thick look mask like...you dont need the actual brand beauty blender, superdrug do a dupe by cosmopolitan (i think, its pink anyway) you soak it in water...till its like double is size, then squeeze out the excess water and rub a little with a towel...so its moist but not wet wet, then apply a little of you DW to the sponge and start dabbing...almost bouncing the sponge over your face...it feels strange, it sounds crazy but trust me you will be shocked at just how flawless and natural it looks when applied this way.

Thanks for sharing. Will be trying that out.

Latest posts

Back