Buffing Mitt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Feeling rather silly posting this question, however, I've never had the need to use one (or maybe I have and just haven't used one! Lol)

When and why do you use a Buffing mitt during spray tanning?

Thanks

That's so funny, I got mine out last night. I was applying tan to my face and arms and put the glove on afterwards and had a little pat and rub thinking has this done anything :) you are not the only one feeling silly, me too.

I use one for when the tan is done to give the inner wrists a little buff. Some don't feel the need, I do & it takes only seconds!

It can also be used to dab down any little runs you have, although if I have any runs (which I usually don't) I just use the air from the gun to dry it x

If you've never had the need to use one, then that's good news because you must be tanning perfectly! :)

I use mine when I spray too much solution on one area. On my first few tans, I was spraying too much on the chest and sometimes the arms too, but the buffing mitt helped to take away some of the excess and give a nice even coverage.

If you've never had the need to use one, then that's good news because you must be tanning perfectly! :)

I use mine when I spray too much solution on one area. On my first few tans, I was spraying too much on the chest and sometimes the arms too, but the buffing mitt helped to take away some of the excess and give a nice even coverage.

Ah I see! So would you just dab with the buffing mitt or would you rub? I did have an occasion the other day actually where there was slightly too much on the chest, but I just spent longer drying this area! Lol!
XxX

I dab, only very lightly though because you don't want to shift too much tan! It's really effective but there's no point in using it if you don't need to. But now you know you can reach for it if you spot any build up!

I dab, only very lightly though because you don't want to shift too much tan! It's really effective but there's no point in using it if you don't need to. But now you know you can reach for it if you spot any build up!

Brilliant, thanks Rhona x

Only pat, don't rub. I don't use one but we were taught to use one on the Sienna course.

Thanks ladies!
Is a buffing mitt the same as a tanning Mitt you can get in the high street shops or are they 2 different things? X

Latest posts

Back