Is she really qualified?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnyminnie

Reaction score
hi all enjoying the weather?
quick question for you, had my underarms waxed the other day n i ended up red raw n spotty for 2days afterwards :sad:...... any ideas why as the therapist didnt :( ive waxed for 4 years and had 3 months off n shaved just down to a complete lack of time :( could it be because ive not had it down for a while, or the therapist was to rough as it did seem to hurt more than normal ??? xx thanks in advance for any advice given xx

Is she qualified? Quite possibly - she should have certificates that you can check...
If you read these forums you'll find from time to time most waxers seem to have had a problem like this for some reason and there isn't always an obvious reason... I guess your skin could be thinner for some reason (are you on any medication?), she could be using a wax you are not used to/not as good quality as what was used on you before...
I'm by no means an experienced waxer but one of the reasons I chose the waxes I did is that the blue Berins wax (like some of the PR waxes) is applied over a very thin layer of oil which should help prevent it sticking to the skin and only adhere to the hairs as it sets and shrinks around the hair. When you then pull it off there should in theory be little chance of any skin being ripped off...

There are many reasons that could be the cause of what happened some of which are listed in the post above. Some others are:

It could be near your 'time of the month' and have felt more painful than normal.
It could be that because of shaving for the past few months the roots of the hairs are deeply rooted - the roots are not so deeply rooted when waxed off regluarly so would hurt less.
She could have skinned you because she used a cheap wax or the wax was not at the correct temp.
It could be a newly qualified Tech who has not yet perfected her technique (but is qualified).

Deeply routed hairs often bleed a little upon removal and can leave the area sore and there isn't a lot a therapist can do about that no matter how qualifed they are.

Latest posts

Back