Eyelashes - frustrated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceflatie

Reaction score
Hi

Just started with eyelashes and they are so tricky! Tried my first set last night, on my own, and although they are not bad, it took over 2.5 hours and i know there isnt enough in there but i just ended up with tired eyes and couldnt focus any longer :(

I need to sort out proper lighting firstly, what do you geeks do about lighting? I am thinking maybe a beauty lamp on the end of the bed but that restricts the client maybe.

Also, I am using strip lashes from lashbase. I read on here somone talking about a silicone pad and wondered if you take them off the strips and use the pad or is this really aimed at the loose lashes?

Also, would you expect to use a whole strip per set, in total, maybe mixed of different sizes, but when put together about a strips worth?

Any tips greatly received! I felt a bit panicked last night when i was struggling to find lashes!!

Sam :Scared:

I am quite new to lashes but as for lighting I have a light with a clamp on it. I clamp mine on a shelf next to my couch. It's bendy so u bend it to wherever you want. It is actually for spray tanning it's on sienna x web site if you want to have a look. I am sure they will sell something similar at any DIY store xxx

The silicon pads are for loose lashes it just makes them stick to it so they don't all fly away lol

Try a camping/miners light, one that goes on your head, (from Argos) I swear by them for lashing, where ever you look the light will shine :0) don't panic, this is a skill that cannot be mastered in one set :0) x

Hi

Just started with eyelashes and they are so tricky! Tried my first set last night, on my own, and although they are not bad, it took over 2.5 hours and i know there isnt enough in there but i just ended up with tired eyes and couldnt focus any longer :(

I need to sort out proper lighting firstly, what do you geeks do about lighting? I am thinking maybe a beauty lamp on the end of the bed but that restricts the client maybe.

Also, I am using strip lashes from lashbase. I read on here somone talking about a silicone pad and wondered if you take them off the strips and use the pad or is this really aimed at the loose lashes?

Also, would you expect to use a whole strip per set, in total, maybe mixed of different sizes, but when put together about a strips worth?

Any tips greatly received! I felt a bit panicked last night when i was struggling to find lashes!!

Sam :Scared:

I take them off the strips an work from the pad but some stick the strips to the back of their hand

How many are in your tray? Xx

Try a camping/miners light, one that goes on your head, (from Argos) I swear by them for lashing, where ever you look the light will shine :0) don't panic, this is a skill that cannot be mastered in one set :0) x

I'm getting one of these.. Thanks blinkingorgeous, they sell them were I work at my day job. So I know what I'm buying tomorrow when I finish! xxx

I take them off the strips an work from the pad but some stick the strips to the back of their hand

How many are in your tray? Xx

I am buying the mixed trays, mink lashes from Lashbase. The say there are about 200 in a strip.

Thanks Sam

Well I'd say 200 would do 2 sets. Maybe 3 x but I have trays with strips I'll never use x

I use lash perfect and eyelash emporium, emporium is cheaper and do both mink and pots, I personally use loose lashes I don't like the strips. It's all about practice! You need to do alot of people and don't leave it weeks at a time, the more you do the easier and quicker you become. I use a mag lamp on a wheel around stand thing so I can use it for waxing too, I think mine was from beauty express. Once ppl have their eyes closed they don't care! :)

Latest posts

Back