Client said skin peeled when removing tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixnmatch1

Reaction score
I did a spray tan over a week agoand client was having trouble removing it all so i advised using baby oil etc.
She told me that after a few soaks in bath it came off but her chest area and inner arms area peeled?
I asked if she had been sunbathing last week in the nice weather and she said no she was busy working.
I am baffled,i dont know why her skin would be peeling :S
has anyone heard of this?

Maybe her tan was just going patchy due to the oil? Unless you saw her for yourself, or she scrubbed the area, you cannot say for sure. Using oil will strip a tan but it will be patchy so not advisable (I used lavender oil in my bath and the top came off so what was supposed to be a couple of drops ended up half a bottle, my tan came off terrible and patchy, not even and not nice, so avoid oils!)

thanks for your reply Debs001,i think she was trying to remove the last bits of the tan in the bath.
i asked her is she had scrubbed a little hard and she said not really.
She was not complaining but i like to get to the bottom of why she peeled.
She said her tan had been fine all week,it only peeled after she tried to remove the last bits in the bath.
I am baffled.

Last edited:
without you seeing the tan and peeling in person it's really really hard to try and guess I think... she could have applied almost anything to the skin or done anything - but without some idea of how bad and how exactly it looks it's like trying to guess my hair colour without having met me :)

Latest posts

Back