Spray tan gone patchy - please help :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanfiz

Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can help?
I have done quite a few spray tans now since completing my training in Dec (I'm still trying to improve my technique as I'm using about 100ml).

I spray tanned a new client the other day and she called me to say it had gone patchy all over, I have never had this before and wondered whether it could be due to her medication? She's taking prozac.

I don't know about the medication but did she follow the prep correctly? Exfoliation? Did she have moisturiser on? X

She said she had prepped her skin and she said she hadn't moisturised on the day of the tan. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the medication has an effect on her skin as it can affect her hormones?

I have given her some body polish to exfoliate with and I'm going to try again once the tan has worn off Xx

Hey

Is prozac a anti depressant? I googled it and that's what came up, anyhow my sister was on anti depressant and could still have a tan and it was fine, didn't go patchy, but I have had people in the past and I've warned them it may go patchy due to hormones changing, just like being pregnant I guess. As it works in a way that changes hormones. But no one has had a problem, they all love it.

Anyways it may not even be that. She might of not prepped right or could of used something afterwards that was oil based.

Did ou give her aftercare? Also find out what she has used x

have you tried turning the spray down so that you aren't using as much? maybe you are overspraying x

when you say the other day, which day do you mean? Because when I say the other day it can mean anything up to a week ago lol

I only ask as most brands do go patchy when fading off & if it's been nearly a week I would expect for it to be fading off by now x

I always tell my clients that 50% of the tan is my work, the other 50% of how it turns out is how well they prep and take care of it afterwards.

It may be worth finding out everything she did after to find out why. Don't let it knock your confidence though.

THT

Latest posts

Back