Can anyone help me with my skin please? :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bells beauty

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am really embarrassed to have to post my picture on here but really need some advice.

I have been using Eve Taylor for a while now and whilst it has helped my skin it is still really red. I only actually have the one spot but the surrounding area is always red but it doesn't feel sore... I have been using the soothing range, the cleanser, toner, oil no 2 and the soothing moisturiser.
I am currently taking dianette and have tried zineryt which was what my doctor prescribed but no luck.

Any ideas as to what this could be?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333902586.789807.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333902586.789807.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 394
Can you please elaborate on you skin a bit more.
What is your skin type and condition? Do you have rosacea?

Hi.

It does look sore, is it on just the one cheek? Is it sensitive?

maybe something in your current skin are products that is aggravating it?

Have you tried Decleor products? You will need Rose aromessence and balm. Contains damask rose which relieves sensitivity. It's calming soothing,and will strengthen capillary walls. It contains blackcurrent seeds also which will help divert blood away from the surface of the skin and help combat inflammation.
Message me if you want to know more xxxx

Thank you to you both!

Erm well my skin is dry but sensitive although he Eve Taylor has helped a lot with the dryness. My chin and forehead is fine its just my cheeks. I have not been diagnosed with rosacea but I have wondered if that is what I have, I guess I should really go and see a dermatologist to know for sure.

I know it looks sore but it doesn't hurt at all, I almost look like I'm burnt if that makes sense?!

I try not to wear any make up as often as possible to let my skin breath but when I do I only use mineral make up xx

It does look like Rosecea and you should go to your doctor.

There is no cure for Rosecea but Oxytetracycline is a very effective medication for this condition.

You also need to become aware of the triggers - spicy food and heat are two major ones.

Good luck my lovely

Jacqui xx

I would recommend Decleor products, they really are amazing!!!!

Rose products also contain neroli so will combat dryness and dehydration.

Have a google and see what you think.xxx

Good advice given above but if it is Rosecea you need the antibiotic medication.

There is no cure for Rosecea but Oxytetracycline is a very effective medication for this condition.

You also need to become aware of the triggers - spicy food and heat are two major ones.

Good luck my lovely

Jacqui xx

Damn it I love spicy foods lol

Thanks Jacqui I will go and see my doctor as I have an appointment in the next couple of weeks anyway. She usually just fobs me off but I won't leave until she takes me seriously :)

I would recommend Decleor products, they really are amazing!!!!

Rose products also contain neroli so will combat dryness and dehydration.

Have a google and see what you think.xxx

Thanks so much beauty Queen I will look it up, I will try anything! Plus I have heard good thinks about Declor too xx

Also.. I am going on holiday next month and I obviously know that I need to use a high factor, but can anyone recommend a sun lotion for my type of skin or will the usual nivea/soltan etc be sufficient? Xx

Decleor protective anti -wrinkle cream! It comes in SPF 15 or 30!

Just another Decleor product, you might be able to tell I'm a Decleor freak!lol!

It's not greasy, protects against ageing and sun damage and it stops cells depleting in skin!

contains Rose so its calming also! Xxx

Hi Belles beauty

I suffered with Roseca just after having my first child in 1994 it was all over my cheeks and chin.
I had never suffered with spots as a teenager so this was alien to me.

Your cheeks do look very red, do they get red when you are hot, do you flush easily?

You need to get it diagnosed by the doctor before your holiday, as I went on holiday before I'd seen the doctor and was told the sun made mine a lot worse and it did.

The other comments are right when they say spicy food, alcohol, red wine can make it worse but also a lot of diary isn't great.

I haven't had an outbreak since thank the heavens, but suffer terribly with large spots that come up with pusie heads on my chin yeah I know lovely........

I use some lovely lotion prescribed from doctor which is fantastic begins with Z and I have to make it up and it only lasts 4 weeks someone mentioned the name in an previous comment.

I do hope you get it sorted as doesn't look to bad at moment.

/QUOTE]

If it is Rosecea then the poster above has given the best advice.

You won't be able to correct it with skincare routine alone, and instead will need to see a doctor.

I hate to say it but you may have to go on medication indefinitely. I have one client who has Roseca and she has been taking Oxytetracycline for over 10 years now. Every time she has a small break from it, her Rosecea flares up.

Zoe x

Thanks for your help everyone. I have an appointment to see my doctor next week so will update you all then :) xx

hey, dermalogicas super sensitive faceblock would be great, and its a physical sunscreen so the heat from the sun will not be absorbed into your skin irritating it more, it will reflect the heat.
hope this helps.x

Also.. I am going on holiday next month and I obviously know that I need to use a high factor, but can anyone recommend a sun lotion for my type of skin or will the usual nivea/soltan etc be sufficient? Xx

After you have been to the doctors It might be worth washing your skin with ultra bland from Lush. This is a cult product of lush and the formula has been used for hundreds of years as the most basic but effective cleanser, just how products should be. After you have been to doctors please get in touch with me and I can treat your skin for free, I would love to help you.

Regards x

Eve Taylor Solar Shield gives 25spf protection, protects against UVA UVB and infrared. Contains Cocoa butter and sunflower.

When protecting your face against sun damage you really can't beat a good hat.

Lindsey x

I've been using Liz Earle for my dry and sensitive skin and its been absolutely amazing on it. My skin used to be so blotchy underneath and sensitive and a bit spotty but flaky. 3 different skin types in one, it was a pain in the neck.

I have never had anything that has worked so quick and so well on my skin, and I hardly ever get a spot now. I use Cleanse and Polish and the Skin Repair cream. Oh and Aromatherapy Associates Supersensitive face oil underneath when its really bad!

Really hope its not full blown Rosacea... curries and fajitas are just too nice to give them up!

I too have ultra sensetive skin! dryness, breakouts and redness and I have been diagnosed with rosacea so like previous posts state go to the doctors and see what they have to say. If it is then they can prescribe medication to help control it. I have tried all sorts and asked advice from felllow geeks and to be honest what works for one person doesnt work for another! For example Decleor did nothing but irritate my skin but when I worked with it I saw how good it was for some people.
My advice, keep your routine very simple and try changing a few thing in your diet and lifestyle.
I have finally found something that i think is working for me unless its coincidence! A fellow geek told me about napiers starflower cream and I've used it for about 3 weeks. I've seen a massive difference. Ive tried lots of brands, laser, facials, no facials, cheap brands, expensive brands, doctors precriptions and this is the first time I've seen a difference.
I've also started taking starflower vitamins.
I hope this helps and I hope you get to the bottom of it soon, I know exactly how you feel.
:smack:

I too have ultra sensetive skin! dryness, breakouts and redness and I have been diagnosed with rosacea so like previous posts state go to the doctors and see what they have to say. If it is then they can prescribe medication to help control it. I have tried all sorts and asked advice from felllow geeks and to be honest what works for one person doesnt work for another! For example Decleor did nothing but irritate my skin but when I worked with it I saw how good it was for some people.
My advice, keep your routine very simple and try changing a few thing in your diet and lifestyle.
I have finally found something that i think is working for me unless its coincidence! A fellow geek told me about napiers starflower cream and I've used it for about 3 weeks. I've seen a massive difference. Ive tried lots of brands, laser, facials, no facials, cheap brands, expensive brands, doctors precriptions and this is the first time I've seen a difference.
I've also started taking starflower vitamins.
I hope this helps and I hope you get to the bottom of it soon, I know exactly how you feel.
:smack:

Ooo that sounds interesting as well... Might have to try that. Altho skin is so much better, its still good to have another weapon against the blotch!

Latest posts

Back