Beauty and hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttaylor

Reaction score
hi geeks
call me greedy but i love both sides :) i am a qualified hairdresser and have workied in a salon that offers both, i find it really works as clients like having it all under one roof, i have also done training with ST Tropez for tanning and did some basic training with the girls i worked with on basic waxing, i am pretty confident in what i can do. im rent a chair in a hairsalon at the moment but the opportunity has come up in a salon where i can do beauty as well within the price of my rent (which is still a hell of alot cheaper than where i am now), my thing is i dont have a beauty nvq but have had a look at the courses running within ewd alan howard and capital and they all say city and guilds, what do you guys think? also i had thought of the training with the companies?

sorry its a bit of an essay isnt it :/

Id go for it!

:)

I'm the same as you: a qualified hairdresser but want to branch into beauty.. I have too done tanning but that's as far as it goes. I would love to do a beauty course to expand more and from what I understand a city and guilds qualification is much more recognised that a nvq so I would go for one of those. Go for it of you enjoy both why not do both :) xx

Thankyou for your replies, I'm just looking into it all now, I'm a bit nervous as ive only just moved to the salon I'm at now 2 months ago but have been offered this, I think I can make it work as I've seen it done before just wasnt sure about qualifications, my public liability insurance covers me though.

Latest posts

Back