Lash extensions problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agaaa

Reaction score
Hey girls, I'm a begginer in eyelash extensions (only done it for 3 girls) and done my course with Salon Services (Marvel lash course). Ive been told on the course not to charge less than 30 pounds for a set, even if we're just starting doing this, maybe only 5 pounds off for the first month. So well, since I am only doing this on my friends I decided to charge them only for the products I use.
The thing is that now I actually feel bad that I charged them at all as the lashes were a disaster and I gave the money back anyway!
I am using Marvellash glue and I really find it terrible, it actually feels like it makes it all harder to do, it takes ages to dry and before it does I find it sticking lashes to each other and when I try to separate them the fake lash falls out and again and again! At the end when I manage to do it all and it really looks lovely (i think? and girls think it does?), I am happy with the results (You can see the pics below), knackered after 3 hours (!) of trying to do this right and then a call on the next day that lashes just fall off, despite doing everything as the aftercare says!
So now I've got a big question WHY? Is it the glue? Is it me doing something wrong? I've also heard (which I wasnt told on the course) about primers and sealants, and I only used eye make up remover pads from Marvellash, maybe its this?
Im planning to buy a new glue and from what I read in the posts, most of yous are using Flirties. well, I looked at their site and seen there 3 different glues, which one would be the best for me, who is quite quick, but not extra quick?
Can you help me girls please, as I am getting really frustrated and confused :( xxx

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 625
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 564
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 626
The lashes in your photos look great as far as I can see.
With regards to the glue, Marvel Lash does not have the best record, so the first thing I would do would be to change.
I also use Flirties extra strength which is quick drying, but I think you will be fine with it, if not get the slower drying one if your placement still takes you some time.
If you are using Marvel lash makeup remover wipes, then the lashes will be clean prior to application, so I wouldnt worry too much about the primer. Some techs like to use it and some dont. I started off using one, but find my lashes last just as well without it.
I use a sealant, but I feel its more of an extra add-on, more than a necessity. Again, thats your choice.

When you say the lashes are falling off, this could simply be a case of you being new to the treatment and not quite attaching them perfectly to the natural lashes-are you making sure that you have adhered the bottom on the donor lash securely to the natural lash?
Or, it could be your clients picking or fiddling-some of my ladies do this occasionally (and me too when I have them on), but you are more likely to see large gaps or spaces, as opposed to ALL of them falling out.

I genuinely believe, you just need to practice more, this treatment is fiddly and takes some mastering.
x

Looking at your photos are you doing one eye then the others?? I use the normal flirties glue -although i am going to change to the faster setting one but I alternate each eye so put a lash on one eye then go to the other and put a lash on there and then go back to the first eye that way your adesive is getting a bit of time to set before you are tryin to isolate again

Thanks girls! Ive been doing one eye and then the other, but even if I did about a minute break between doing them, glue still wasnt dry... I knew it was gonna be hard with the application at the beginning but really didn't expect them to be falling off! Im definitely gonna get new glue this week and see how it goes. Can u give me any idea of how long does the flirties expert strenght dries? I need one that I wont have to worry that when I stick it to the lash it will be sticking to other lashes when I just leave it there and that it will not dry before I actually stick it to the lash, if you know what I mean? Xxx

Sent from my LT26i using SalonGeek

The photos of the lashes look like your doing great.. However i also trained with marvelash and it was a waste of time and money in MY opinion.. I converted over to lash perfect.. The glue was my main problm with marvel lash.. Its terrible and does prevent yu getting quicker.. Try some dfferent glues and dont let it get you down as your clearly getting on fine.. In my experience aswell do both eyes not one then other as this will give your glue more chance to dry off before placing another lash :)
Keep going :)

Definietely do both eyes simultaneously, this helps to keep the lashes symmetrical as well as leaving enough time for the glue to dry between application. Also, if for any reason you needed to stop half way through the treatments, the lashes would still look fine.

Flirties expert strength dries in about 7ish secs.

In saying this, even if the Marvel Lash glue isnt good, the lashes shouldnt be 'falling off'. Are they coming off with the natural lash attached or not? Are your clients picking-honestly?

One way to tell if you are gluing fully at the base, is to brush them with a spooley and then if they are not attached fully the ends of the false lashes will stick up.
x

I honestly wouldn't be so hard on yourself! your lashes look lovely & for your 3rd set especially, I've seen lashes look worse than this by techs who have been doing it a lot longer!!

you definitely need to stop being hard on yourself.

Look into primer for definate & change from marvel lash it's crap.

Your doing fab! x

Last edited:
aw, thank you girls, you have really cheered me up :D
Lashes are coming off by themselves, not even moving natural lash with them. After I've done my second set (middle picture) and girl said on the next day her lashes are just falling off and she was doing everything to be careful with them and now shes finding them somewhere all the time, i went round there, took a mascara brush and gently brushed the lashes and was shocked how they were just slipping off! it looked like the glue was so dry that it was just crushing there and they were falling off.. anyway it was my impression, now i know i must have done something wrong. Next time im gonna make sure, I stick whole lash perfectly.
Im now looking at the flirties glues and theres flirties expert speed and strength, flirties odour and fume free and flirties clear, what are the differences in drying for all of them? And also if I buy their glue, would i need to also buy their remover or can I use any to remove lashes ? xxx

I think your lashes look great . I am a newbie I would say I have done 15 approx I am doing them on a special half price and telling people I am newly qualified. I did this because I didn't want to put pressure on myself lol. Xxxx

So how did it go for you when you have done your first sets? were they falling off aswell?
And I would be greatful if someone could answer my flirties questions? :) xxx

I think your lashes look great . I am a newbie I would say I have done 15 approx I am doing them on a special half price and telling people I am newly qualified. I did this because I didn't want to put pressure on myself lol. Xxxx

How you getting on with your lashes cabby? Are you finding it any easier? Xx

They look great! I struggled with marvel lash glue, so many posts on here where other people are disappointed with it.
I'm find lash emporium glue is working better for
Me.
Good luck am keep up the good work! X

Aw what a shame they haven't lasted, they look lovely! I use ultrabond pro 5 or pro 10 ( lower lashes) which set in 5 or 10 seconds. ( Nouveau Lashes) Can mix together too to get a 7 sec set. They are also a v flexible adhesive which is great.
Make sure u remove the oil, makeup and from the natural lashes prior to application too and seal the lashes so they are protected. Hope you get to the bottom of this soon as u clearly have a natural talent for application :)

You can use any remover, you dont have to buy the Flirties one, but make sure the one you do use is gel, as the liquid ones are a nightmare.
Expert Speed and Strength sets in about 6 secs I havent tried the others, but would assume they set in about 10secs-especially the low fume one as these always take longer to set so as to keep the fumes low.
x

Thank you girls! I have ordered flirties extra strength can't wait to get it and try how it works for me. Think it's gonna be a challenge for me who is new to lash extensions to use this fast drying glue but at least I'll work on my speed aswell. Now I'm just praying lashes will not fall off next time or I will completely loose my motivation xxx

The Eyelash Emporium Platinum glue is great. Your lashes look really good for a newbie. Does sound like a glue problem. I was trained to do both eyes, not one and then the other. Apart from anything else, if for whatever reason your client decided they couldn't like there anymore (panic attack, sore back etc) what would you do if only one eye had lashes on?! This happened to my trainer once and she always did eyes simultaneously after that!! I think it's a good point!

From an aesthetic point of view.....your lashes will be equal in number if you keep swapping and you can get a better pattern, symmetry building too.

Latest posts

Back