Level 2 Jobs - do they exist?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyBuckley

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I'm not sure if this is the right pace to post but never mind!!!

I have just qualified as a Level 2 therapist & am looking for a part-time job to fit around the kids & around my level 3 course in September.

I have been looking everywhere for a job but everywhere is requesting level 3, is it actually possible to find a level 2 position anywhere?!?!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Lucy x

Yes they do, please remember things are tight in some areas currently.

X

there is a lot of competition so even with a level 3 job hunting is hard.

i do think it's worth doing level 3 to help you compete for jobs but there are jobs out there that require just level 2...for example there are waxing only salons that will take you with level 2 and then train you up in advanced waxing treatments.

best of luck in your job hunt :)

There are plenty of salons that will take you on with a level 2 as long as like you have said, are continuing on with your level 3.

I would personally go round all the salons in your area, armed with your CV and certificates that you have already gained. Ensure you are smartly dressed( no need for a uniform until you do the trades test) make up and hair immaculate. Remember you're selling yourself and appearance is important.

Ask to see the owner or manager, if they aren't available ask that they call you at a time convenient to them, dont go into detail with the staff as to why you would like them to call you. i say this because sadly some therapists take it upon themselves to tell would be employees that there are no jobs available when in fact they don't know. Also you want the owner to see or speak to you directly so that you can sell your personality and knowledge to them in order for them to want to interview you, even if they don't have a position available immediately.

Also this is generally a busy time for salons and the owners plus managers get a lot of cvs sent through the post, quite often they will get filed away without a good look through so if you speak directly to the person in charge you may stand a better chance.

Good luck. Another little tip is go to local salons and health clinics for treatments and let them know you are a therapist looking for employment, just let it slip into the conversation.I know of several people who have done this and been lucky enough to be told that the said places were looking for someone.

Thank you everyone for your input.
I have been scouring the internet Daily and taken a few in in person so far. I am going to get a massive amount printed out and go round all the salons next week. I understand the competition that is about too, hence why I am carrying on with my level 3, as well as advancing ,my skills. I do have 1/2 a dozen or so cliendts I do at home everyso often but it's not regular enough money to actually register as self employed :-(
I have never heard of a waxing only salon- I will look into this as that sounds like a good job 4 me!!!!
Thank you for you help :-D Lucy xxx

Latest posts

Back