Waxing men's eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty Geeky

Reaction score
Hi geeks-I have a query about eyebrows, mens in particular and my husbands specifically-lol! He has rather large brows and we were "discussing" them the other day. I was taught at college not to wax or remove hair from the top of a brow but (as you can see from the photo) that's where my husband has weird excess hair growing! He doesn't have a bad shaped brow if that whole chunk could be removed. Can I do this and what would the best method be so as no to end up with anything too "clean" looking iykwim?? I hope I can attach a pic from my phone.

I hope someone can offer some advice! PGx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340270974.972802.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340270974.972802.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,635
Hi geeks-I have a query about eyebrows, mens in particular and my husbands specifically-lol! He has rather large brows and we were "discussing" them the other day. I was taught at college not to wax or remove hair from the top of a brow but (as you can see from the photo) that's where my husband has weird excess hair growing! He doesn't have a bad shaped brow if that whole chunk could be removed. Can I do this and what would the best method be so as no to end up with anything too "clean" looking iykwim?? I hope I can attach a pic from my phone.

I hope someone can offer some advice! PGx

You can wax above his brow,just do the same as you would a female client but don't do any specific shaping, unless of course he wants you to. Ensure you do the centre of the brows if needed as well. Also when you have finished waxing follow on by tweezering any strays out rather than shaping and then finish off by trimming the longer hairs with scissors.

Some guys like a lot of shaping and some don't. Just concentrate on the bulk of the hair and not in the shaping. Hth

If you type kim lawless into youtube theres a video of her at professional beauty that may be of interest... Was watching it other day and shes talking about the exact same as you have just described! Hth xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I thread my husbands but he won't let me touch his mono brow !!

He is very protective of it, luckily it isn't very hairy !!

I do thread above the eye but again it isn't very hairy up there and I don't do a very defined shape - just tidy up !

Most of my clients have similar brows to those in the picture and I wax above the brow.

I did Kim's Brow design training and found this really helpful, I even wax most of my female friends brows for them now..

Jack

Same as rest if necessary I wax above - have a good chat with your customers to find out what they want, I love doing mens eyebrows, it can make such a difference in a very natural way

Thanks for the advice (and video) folks-that's been a big help. I'll just have to wait til my OH has plucked up the courage to be waxed! I'll post pics of the result. Thanks again. PGx

Latest posts

Back