Eyelash glue makes me sneeze!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bespoke_eyelash

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've been extending lashes for over 2 years now, using the same brand of glue during this time. I use a thumb ring if this helps.

Basically for around 7months every time I extend lashes the next day I have fits of sneezing, running eyes (sometimes) but overall I'll have a cold like manner for 2-3 days afterwards.

I use a mask but it doesn't seem to make a difference! I've taken a month off and just started doing lashes again and I'm still having the same problem!

I wondered if anyone else has had the same experience and what you've done to fix it? My dr said I need to stop or change glue, the problem is sensitive glue doesn't keep the lashes on my clients for very long and takes too long to dry! I did try but had a lot of complaints about the reduction in the longevity of their lashes.

Thoughts appreciated :0)

Xx

Hello everyone!

I've been extending lashes for over 2 years now, using the same brand of glue during this time. I use a thumb ring if this helps.

Basically for around 7months every time I extend lashes the next day I have fits of sneezing, running eyes (sometimes) but overall I'll have a cold like manner for 2-3 days afterwards.

I use a mask but it doesn't seem to make a difference! I've taken a month off and just started doing lashes again and I'm still having the same problem!

I wondered if anyone else has had the same experience and what you've done to fix it? My dr said I need to stop or change glue, the problem is sensitive glue doesn't keep the lashes on my clients for very long and takes too long to dry! I did try but had a lot of complaints about the reduction in the longevity of their lashes.

Thoughts appreciated :0)

Xx

well it certainly seems you are having difficulties at times and have at least tried to address the problem by seeing your doctor and by wearing a mask.
I'm assuming your using a fast setting glue which of course does have a tendency to let off excessive odour due to the nature of being fast setting compared to that of a standard setting glue.

Maybe your doc is right and it might be worthwhile trying different brands however I suspect if you stay with fast setting glues you will continue to experience these problems
It might be worthwhile testing other brands of standard glues which may have stronger adhesive qualities which may well work for you

The only other things I can suggest is to
1) ensure you have adequate ventilation/extraction around the working environment
2) we have experienced that therapists who use gel pads on there customers sometimes experience less odor emission...it seems that the gel pads absorb some of the odors ...maybe worth a try anyway

HTH and good luck with things :hug:

Latest posts

Back