Psoriasis and spray tans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tammye1234

Reaction score
hi geeks,ive just had a lady ring me for a spray tan, shes said she suffers from psoriasis on her knees and elbows, i was told when i done my training that you couldnt spray tan anyone with this, but since reading salon geek ive noticed a few people says its fine,so just wanted a bit of advice from you lovely people
1-could i tan her (as long as the psoriasis wasnt flaired up)
2-if so would i use barrier cream on the areas?
3-and whats the possible results in the tan if i was to go ahead with the tan?
thanks for your help guys-the lady works with my hubby and i know shes quite popular in there work so could hopefully get me a few more clients from this-which i really could do with at the mo lol xxx

Hi there! I suffer with psoriasis myself, and have found where I have had flare ups, I have lost the pigment in my skin totally. I'm not sure whether the tan will actually take all that much there. The next thing is the areas are really dry and scaley, so the tan will most likely go a bit nuts there, especially as the elbows and knees are the drier areas anyway.

If you explain these things to her I'm sure she would understand and take it from there. If she knows the possible outcomes she can't come back to you and say 'you've done this to me without telling me it would look like this'. If you know what I mean? Tbh she should be able to make a fairly good judgement with regards to whether she should have it or not.

Hth xx

Hi there! I suffer with psoriasis myself, and have found where I have had flare ups, I have lost the pigment in my skin totally. I'm not sure whether the tan will actually take all that much there. The next thing is the areas are really dry and scaley, so the tan will most likely go a bit nuts there, especially as the elbows and knees are the drier areas anyway.

If you explain these things to her I'm sure she would understand and take it from there. If she knows the possible outcomes she can't come back to you and say 'you've done this to me without telling me it would look like this'. If you know what I mean? Tbh she should be able to make a fairly good judgement with regards to whether she should have it or not.

Hth xx

aww thats really helpful thanks so much for your reply xxx

Latest posts

Back