Waxing issue.... Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bebo*

Reaction score
Hi

I have been waxing for years now and recently I have had a new client she will becoming on sat for the third time or waxing but every time she has waxing she says it pains her!!! I put per wax, then powder and then wax. This is the first time in two years someone has told me they are in pain. What do you suggest? Can it be the wax? I use salon system for years? Any tips anyone can give me?

Xx

Some people have a low pain threshold.

And you are pulling out hair by the root ... it's going to be unpleasant.

Avoid waxing at that time of the month.

Advise she takes a couple of painkillers 30 minutes before her appointment.

I am sure you will be pulling skin nice and tight.

Maybe swap your talc for oil - ensure it is a teeny tiny amount so wipe it on and wipe it off again.

Do you have any other waxes that you use - I have Perron Rigot hot wax, cartridge wax, and Perron Rigot Crystal Ocean hypoallergenic warm wax for sensitive skin.

I agree. If you stretch the skin tight and pull parallel to the skin in the right direction then it might just be that your client is over sensitive.

Depending on the area your waxing maybe try a non strip polymer wax as they are generally better for the sensitive areas.

If this is the first complaint you have had I would imagine she is just a delicate little thing. Some people just feel it more than others.

Try what the other girls have said but it might just be that she will have a bit of discomfort to be beautiful :D

I've had a couple of clients over the years who struggle with the 'sensation' of waxing, but one was so bad with her legs that after every strip I pulled off, I had to rub the area for a few seconds to confuse the nerve endings. If it was an underarm wax I'd just place my hand firmly on the skin afterwards, or waft my hand past the skin to create a gentle breeze. Sounds silly but it can help. I also do the wafting if they're really struggling with a brazilian. I think they appreciate that you are aware of their discomfort and you're doing the best you can to alleviate that for them. It may add an extra couple of minutes to the treatment time, but in the end I'm sure they appreciate the service and it can be what sets you apart from othe therapists.

Thank you all for your advice and tips will try them out as well as different wax x:d

Bless, the thread title made me think that you were doing something wrong.

If you've been waxing for two years and this is the first time you've been told that it's sore, then it's not you - it's obviously not a relaxing treatment but some people are just especially sensitive little souls.

I personally do my own waxing - including underarm and hollywood and I'm cool with that. I've also had a baby, and actually (in a twisted kinda way) kinda 'enjoyed' it. But I can't bear my legs - especially around my ankles - being waxed and I've actually cried with the pain of epilating them before :o Much more annoying, but shaving it is for me now! I would probably advise you don't tell your client that though ;)

p.s. I would also definitely swap talc for oil now - it's much nicer :)

Sorry to jump on your thread! I've got a waxproblem too...After waxing mainly noticeable on brows the week after their makeup doesn't stick to that area?! Is this normal?x

I've had a couple of clients over the years who struggle with the 'sensation' of waxing, but one was so bad with her legs that after every strip I pulled off, I had to rub the area for a few seconds to confuse the nerve endings. If it was an underarm wax I'd just place my hand firmly on the skin afterwards, or waft my hand past the skin to create a gentle breeze. Sounds silly but it can help. I also do the wafting if they're really struggling with a brazilian. I think they appreciate that you are aware of their discomfort and you're doing the best you can to alleviate that for them. It may add an extra couple of minutes to the treatment time, but in the end I'm sure they appreciate the service and it can be what sets you apart from othe therapists.

i do exactly the same after i remove the wax i just give it a little press some clients say they can really feel a difference and even start to request it ''can you press down like you did last time it really helps'' and a nice glass of cold water afterwards lol :D client care and comfort is paramont

Sorry to jump on your thread! I've got a waxproblem too...After waxing mainly noticeable on brows the week after their makeup doesn't stick to that area?! Is this normal?x

that happens to me too on my own brows i just thought because all the hair is gone the make-up doesnt adhear to the skin as well xx

She is probably just very sensitive. My husband is like it.
I actually attempted to wax his back this week. I pulled the first strip off and he jumped off the couch moaning and saying it felt like a knife had gone down his back!
SO he is now walking round with a patchy back because I couldn't continue. I have tried waxing him before but he just can't take it. He is a man's man as well and not a wuss at all.
I wax guys all the time and never had one jump off the couch before. I've had a few who have said 'ouch' but that's as bad as it gets.
He has problems removing plasters as well. I'm going to have to veet him for our holiday, or sedate him!

She is probably just very sensitive. My husband is like it.
I actually attempted to wax his back this week. I pulled the first strip off and he jumped off the couch moaning and saying it felt like a knife had gone down his back!
SO he is now walking round with a patchy back because I couldn't continue. I have tried waxing him before but he just can't take it. He is a man's man as well and not a wuss at all.
I wax guys all the time and never had one jump off the couch before. I've had a few who have said 'ouch' but that's as bad as it gets.
He has problems removing plasters as well. I'm going to have to veet him for our holiday, or sedate him!
Ha ha! You know what they say Angelina. The way to a mans heart is through his back with a Stanley Knife:) xx

Well we are ripping hair out the roots so there's bound to me a tiny amount of discomfort. If she finds it really painful, I'd have to ask why she continues to have it done.

It's obviously not anything you're doing if you've been waxing successfully for many years, but it's horrible isn't it as you can't help but wonder if you're doing something wrong…..but you're not.

Latest posts

Back