Where's best to train?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly104

Reaction score
I have already been accepted to my local college to do the level 3 general course, but iv been looking around at other places to train and have been wondering whether or not its worth to pay to train (as im under 18 and get it free) whats the best place out there ? oibc ? lbtc ? champneys college ? ect and what would i gain from going to these rather than somewhere local?

Hi! I went to Champneys college to learn all my beauty, massage and aromatherapy treatments. I really can't recommend it enough. I LOVED training there! The course is really thorough and you have so much hands on time with clients. I personally think it opened a few more doors to me as well.

I attempted to train in hairdressing almost 2 years ago at a standard college, although I still paid for it (a lot may I add!) I ended up leaving before the year was even out. Within 2months we were on our 3rd teacher, people never turned up on time and overall we didn't do all that much! I noticed with having trained at Champneys that the people that are training there want to be there, where as the other college I got the impression people were there as a social thing. Don't get me wrong, colleges are great, this is just my own personal opinion/experience.

Hth xx

Private colleges are of a great standard now, much fewer students in the class and much more one to one attention. Most also have personal industry links and can help offer business courses to support set up if you need it. Look into this but keep to what you can afford. Have a look at some you are interested in, go and meet them and then ask salon geeks for any feedback from these.
good luck in your search.

thank you for your advice and opinions

Latest posts

Back