Need extra lighting when tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tammye1234

Reaction score
I'm doing a client at her house on Monday but her room were using is very dark what do u guys do in situations like this ?

Ellisons have a clamp on light by sienna x. It's fab x

We got our clip on lamp from Nouvatan through their website. Seems good value and they were very quick to send.

You should be able to use any clip on lamp as long as you make sure that its "bathroom" due to the spray tan particles in the air :O)

aww thats perfect thanks guys xxx

There are lots of places you can get a clip on lamp from.

Nouvatan sell one with a twisted daylight bulb and there are several available on Ebay.

Make sure you use a twisted daylight bulb in the lamp though to get the best light with as few shadows as possible.

This is the type clip & bulb I have:

Clip On Light 2 Metre Cable Length Max 60W Bulb For Caravan / Shed / Basement | eBay

Mini Spiral CFL - 11W - B22 - 240V - 5600K (Daylight) Light Bulb | eBay

hi baggybear
ive looked at the links and can i just ask does the bulb stick out of the lamp ? or does it fit nicely inside ? im just worried if it sticks out the maybe a chance of a client touching the bulb as she gets in/out of the cubicle ?
hope that makes sence haha x

hi baggybear
ive looked at the links and can i just ask does the bulb stick out of the lamp ? or does it fit nicely inside ? im just worried if it sticks out the maybe a chance of a client touching the bulb as she gets in/out of the cubicle ?
hope that makes sence haha x

The bulb sticks out, you need it to or you would have shadows.

If you clip the lamp to the correct place on the tent then the clients wont be near the bulb, I don't turn it on until they are already in the tent & they do pass it on the way out but as it's bright they automatically stay away from it lol.

I've been using one of those clip on lamps & bulbs for ages and never had anyone go anywhere near it.
I'm the only one who has ever touched the bulb while warm, I have to remember to turn it off early enough after the tan for it to cool down for me to pack it away lol.

Hi BB, were abouts on the tent do you clip the light? I'm going to order one tomorrow, mainly because I'm finding it a little dim some times whilst down on my knees doing clients legs/feet.

One other quick question, on one of the links you posted the item has ended & doesn't give the option to buy it so what do I type in the eBay search bar for each item? One being a Twisted daylight bulb & what is the other item called? Thank you x

**edited to add** is there any particular watt the bulb should be? Xx

I clip it on the outer edge at the top of the tent so the bulb is totally clear of the tent fabric and the bulb is just hanging in thin air near the entrance to the doorway. Hard to describe but I hope you know what I mean.

You only had to click on the buy one like this option at the top of the closed listing but here is one that seller has relisted:
Clip On Light 2 Metre Cable Length Max 60W Bulb For Caravan / Shed / Basement | eBay

Energy saving bulbs gives off more light than normal bulbs, below is a conversion for you, so you can choose how strong you think you need it:
11W is equal to a 50W normal bulb.
13W is equal to a 60W normal bulb.
15W is equal to a 75W normal bulb.
18W is equal to a 100W normal bulb.
20W is equal to a 100+W normal bulb.

Latest posts

Back