Re-spray a week later...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
I have just done my first top up tan...

My lady came last Friday and I told her to make sure she moisturised twice a day which she did. I reminded her from Thursday to start gently exfoliating ready for this morning to remove her tan evenly and not use any products today.
Her tan was patchy when she arrived, especially her lower legs.
When I finished her spray I felt that her lower legs still looked patchy although they seemed to get more even by the time she left.

What I'm worried about is what should I have done in this situation?
I'm really worried it will wash off patchy :/
Should I have not sprayed her til it was all gone?
Should I have put more tan on to try and even up?
I've been in tears since she left and feel really cross that I didn't know what to do in this situation.
I have decided to retrain to build my confidence but in the mean time I would appreciate and advice from fellow geeks :(

You need to advise your clients to ensure they exfoliate all their patches off or they will show through a new tan. Tan on a tan means the skin is going to be darker than the surrounding areas where there is no tan.

When a client still has patches there isn't much you can do other than exfoliate them off or blend the edges so that they are harder to see.

Thanks for the quick reply baggybear, do u think I shouldn't have tanned her then?
Is there anything I could suggest to her to help with the patches as I'm worried her lower legs are going to look ridiculous now??
Oh god I'm so poop :(

It's not your fault.

There is very little that can be done now, she can lightly exfoliate the areas that are darker to blend them but the fact that she had tan still on means she has not exfoliated down to fresh new skin and this tan will most likely go patchy again when the older skin flakes off before the newer skin does.

If she gets in touch to say there is a problem with the patches and you feel really bad about things then you could offer to respray her legs (as thats the problem area) at a reduced rate or free once she has got that tan off or blended the patches in so that the tan looks even but pale.

Just remember that in future you need to tell your clients to ensure any patches are exfoliated so they are either gone completely or blended around the edges so that they are less noticeable - obviously totally gone is better.

Thank you so much, I feel tonnes better for the reassurance.
Just fingers crossed it won't look too hideous when the guide comes off! X
Another lesson learnt for me to.
I'll update with what happens :(
Thank you!! Xx

Hi there, I'm going to jump in quick. I trained with Beau Bronz on Friday, and it was really good! I know that the tans are slightly more expensive, but they have a product called 'exfolese' (i think thats how you spell it). Basically it is aloe vera with fruit enzymes (pineapple, grapefruit etc). You spray it on with the gun, and use the mitt in circular motions to remove dead skin and old tan. On a basic body for prep you only need 7-10ml. However it was suggested that to do a tan correction/remove old tan that it can be classed as a treatment of its own. You could charge slightly more, but explain the benefits of it, that she would have an even tan, its mositurising on the skin etc. It really does work and I highly recommend it. When used on the armpits and wrists, where people wear deodrant/perfume, it stops the tan from going green also.

Just another perspective on it, don't let your confidence be knocked, im sure you are a great therapist, we just need these moments to test us. xxx

Ooh that sounds like good stuff!! I'll look into that :D

Well I got a text from her tonight saying the guide colour is looking really even so fingers crossed when she showers tomorrow all will be ok.
I think the problem is that when our clients leave we don't know what happens with their treatment so we get more and more worked up.

I really hope it will be ok, fingers crossed xx

sounds like you did a great job :)
try to stop stressing and enjoy your evening and sunday :D
xxx

I looked up the exfoliating treatment you mentioned earlier but couldn't find it on their site? Do you have anymore info as I'd love to find out more. Xx

Don't worry, I found a thread on here (love this site!!) and have now emailed them for info xx

Don't worry :)
I am so guilty of doing this and i usually find that the clients that you worry about always turn out absolutely fine and happy with their treatments :)

I will not tan somebody who still has tan left over from the previous tan. I have done - twice - and both times the client complained, in spite of being warned that it would come out patchy.

Don't worry :)
I am so guilty of doing this and i usually find that the clients that you worry about always turn out absolutely fine and happy with their treatments :)

oops i didnt make myself clear,i meant that i am guilty of worrying in general and not guilty of respraying over tan.

oops i didnt make myself clear,i meant that i am guilty of worrying in general and not guilty of respraying over tan.

Haha I get ya :)
I'm feeling tonnes better today, she contacted me to say her tan was perfect!
But I have learnt a very valuable lesson from this as I was lucky this time.

Our job is such a worry!! Lol

Hi guys just reading this post and remembered my client I have booked in on Friday has also booked in for the following Friday as she has a wedding do need a bit of advice it you all don't mind.obviously after the 1st tan (this Friday) I tell her to moisturise 2times daily but at what day shall I tell her to start exfoliating to remove this tab ready for her next tan (next Friday )

Hi guys just reading this post and remembered my client I have booked in on Friday has also booked in for the following Friday as she has a wedding do need a bit of advice it you all don't mind.obviously after the 1st tan (this Friday) I tell her to moisturise 2times daily but at what day shall I tell her to start exfoliating to remove this tab ready for her next tan (next Friday )
If her tan is fading nice and evenly then she just needs to exfoliate the night before her tan. If she has any patchiness then she needs to ensure those patches are totally removed so she should stat exfoliating those areas 2 days before the next tan to ensure they are gone in time for the next tan.

If her tan is fading nice and evenly then she just needs to exfoliate the night before her tan. If she has any patchiness then she needs to ensure those patches are totally removed so she should stat exfoliating those areas 2 days before the next tan to ensure they are gone in time for the next tan.

Thanks so much xxxxx

Latest posts

Back