Overspray on feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautician12345

Reaction score
How can I prevent overspray on feet?

I moisturise them but as I am mobile and don't use a suction fan in my tent like in a salon the tan naturally falls on to the feet... :irked:

Hi, can I ask why you don't want the overspray on the feet? This is a good way of achieving a natural tan look on them rather than actually spraying them too much and risking them looking too dark/orange.

You could try a barrier cream on them, although if you already said you moisturise them that would probably do the same thing. I can't think of anything else other than actually covering them but then you would end up with a line at the ankle, which of course you don't want!

I agree as you would normally benefit from the normal mist on the feet to achieve a natural look as the feet are not sprayed directly but every training company has different techniques

Agree with the other two contributors, overspray is not a bad thing for the feet. The big thing to remember is to wipe the nails with a baby wipe post tan.

How can I prevent over spray on feet?

I moisturize them but as I am mobile and don't use a suction fan in my tent like in a salon the tan naturally falls on to the feet... :irked:

I suspect that what you are possibly trying to say here is that...yes whilst you do want over spray on the feet ,you are possibly simply getting to much dropping onto this area...hence your question about extraction

I would certainly not advocate the use of a moisturizer/barrier cream on the feet as this will simply cause a horrible tan line.

Yes apply a barrier to the toe nails to prevent "grabbing" here and turning them orange :eek:

I have a suspicion that the problem you are having emanates simply because there is far to much over spray so I would seriously look at your technique which if right will not require the use of extraction.

You should be using no more than around 50ml solution per full body application

If you are using more simply turn down the output volume dial on your gun and get in and work closer to the skin...about 8 inches from the skin is ideal.

By doing this you will dramatically reduce over spray from dropping onto the feet and your problem will be solved

HTH and good luck

Hi, can I ask why you don't want the overspray on the feet? This is a good way of achieving a natural tan look on them rather than actually spraying them too much and risking them looking too dark/orange.

You could try a barrier cream on them, although if you already said you moisturise them that would probably do the same thing. I can't think of anything else other than actually covering them but then you would end up with a line at the ankle, which of course you don't want!

Do you spray the feet tanya? or do you let overspray do the job?

I have to spray them or they end up white :eek: x

Do you spray the feet tanya? or do you let overspray do the job?

I have to spray them or they end up white :eek: x

I was trained to 'pull away' at the bottom of the leg so the spray catches the feet if that makes sense. However I do actually spray them too as you can clearly see they are still too White!

Although people STILL ask me to spray them again and I am very wary about doing this so I tend to persuade them against it cos overtanned feet look far worse!

Some great advice!

I spray feet but pull further away when doing them if that makes sense. I always ask people were their dry bits are because mine are the tops of the feet, so I always apply a little barrier cream x

I suspect that what you are possibly trying to say here is that...yes whilst you do want over spray on the feet ,you are possibly simply getting to much dropping onto this area...hence your question about extraction

I would certainly not advocate the use of a moisturizer/barrier cream on the feet as this will simply cause a horrible tan line.
I disagree, I am nouvatan trained (and am one of their trainers!) and we always use barrier cream on the feet and I have NEVER had a horrible tan line

Yes apply a barrier to the toe nails to prevent "grabbing" here and turning them orange :eek:

I have a suspicion that the problem you are having emanates simply because there is far to much over spray so I would seriously look at your technique which if right will not require the use of extraction.This is so true, when I was new to tanning I was using way too much solution and feet were far too brown. Turn that dial down and the problem will be largely eliminated

You should be using no more than around 50ml solution per full body application

If you are using more simply turn down the output volume dial on your gun and get in and work closer to the skin...about 8 inches from the skin is ideal.

By doing this you will dramatically reduce over spray from dropping onto the feet and your problem will be solved

HTH and good luck

Do you test on couch roll before spraying the client to check the settings? I find this so important as the 10% consistency is slightly different to the 16% (for example)...

Definitely look into your machine and the settings you have it on. I spray with a machine that has very minimal to no excess spray to the point that i do not need to use barrier cream anywhere. If you want i can meet you and give you a refresher I'm in Ealing but can come to you.
Tiff

Latest posts

Back