'Playing at beauty'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pb_mcgee

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I've only posted once before but stalk the threads constantly lol! I've just been made redundant from my job while on maternity and I'm starting my level 2 nvq in September but am doing some private courses seperatly (once my redundancy pay comes through to pay for it!!) I have just today booked my training with the eyelash emporium for EE. Now I see so many posts on here about people 'playing at nails' and setting themselves up to charge people with no training, which I thought was bad enough but in my excitement over booking my EE course I YouTubed 'eyelash emporium' and videos came up of people applying lashes which despite the fact I searched it I was quite surprised about...but even more suprised that there was people in the comments of one video saying about buying the stuff to Do it themselves!!! seriously?! And a couple of people said 'my local salon does these $15 they are the same ones as video and same process' seriously $15???? I'm now really worried that with people 'playing at beauty' and using really cheap products etc and charging as little as that (but obviously £ not $) people won't want to pay £60+ for me doing them?? do you find this a problem? Just totally shocked that people actually attempt do something like this with no qualifications!!!!!!! X

Hi geeks, I've only posted once before but stalk the threads constantly lol! I've just been made redundant from my job while on maternity and I'm starting my level 2 nvq in September but am doing some private courses seperatly (once my redundancy pay comes through to pay for it!!) I have just today booked my training with the eyelash emporium for EE. Now I see so many posts on here about people 'playing at nails' and setting themselves up to charge people with no training, which I thought was bad enough but in my excitement over booking my EE course I YouTubed 'eyelash emporium' and videos came up of people applying lashes which despite the fact I searched it I was quite surprised about...but even more suprised that there was people in the comments of one video saying about buying the stuff to Do it themselves!!! seriously?! And a couple of people said 'my local salon does these $15 they are the same ones as video and same process' seriously $15???? I'm now really worried that with people 'playing at beauty' and using really cheap products etc and charging as little as that (but obviously £ not $) people won't want to pay £60+ for me doing them?? do you find this a problem? Just totally shocked that people actually attempt do something like this with no qualifications!!!!!!! X
Eyelash emp is a brilliant company. There are so many not trained people out there but there is no way they can get insurance. I dont think
They realise apply ee wrong can cause massive problems I don't do nails but u can't get insurance if ure not trained goo luck with ure level 2 I passed mine couple months ago starting level3 sept x

I personally wouldn't and don't worry about this type of thing. One of the best ways to build and expand your own business is to mind your own business!

Without correct qualifications or training they won't actually get anywhere, they will stay in the same place or roll down the hill while you dig in and climb up it...

:)

Thanks

Craig

Don't worry about them, concentrate on you. When you train you'll come to realise why some people just can't do lashes! Not as easy as its made to look. Steady hand and patience is needed, a lot of people couldn't do it x

Latest posts

Back