Insurance question...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinxy

Reaction score
I've seen a fair few insurance questions and frankly it interests me how hard it is to get answers from insurance companies without phoning up (and then sometimes the answer can depend on what mood someone is in...)

There is the recent glitter tattoo thread as an example... :) Personally I had a bit of a hassle working out if I'd be qualified to do vajazzled with the qualifications I hold (apparently my intimate waxing qual is sufficient... I'd have thought my tanning or full body waxing would have been more relevant but ok...)

SO... has anyone come across a list of what you MIGHT be allowed to do with specific qualifications? Like glitter tattoo's, vajazzled, threading if you have waxing quals etc :)I know it depends on the insurance company but is it just me finding it flaming impossible to track an easy list down? :)

The fact is that every insurance company has a different policy, so there will never be a definitive list of what can be covered by everyone. You will always need to contact your insurers directly, as they will deal with you on an individual basis.

You know i think the worrying issue with insurance companies as i said in another thread, is its one thing different companies insuring treatments differently (thats a given and the norm) but a totally different ball game when one company says different things depending on who you get through to. So whilst in essence its imperative to call your insurance company, i feel the need to email so i actually have something in writing to cover my hide should the need arise.

Sorry lovey bit off topic and not really answering your question, but insurance is really my beef at the moment ;)

I appreciate that each insurance company has it's own lists - but maybe it would be a good idea to publish those lists... :) So a list for example with all the various treatments like Waxing: Legs, eyebrow, xxxxxxx - and for some that would include intimate waxing, for some it wouldn't - needed: Full Body Waxing Certification.
Vajazzle - qualification needed: intimate waxing.
Glitter tattoos - qual needed: tanning or intimate waxing... and so on
Does that make sense?

It would save the insurance companies a LOT of time if we didn't have to call them all the time about stuff like this :)

Latest posts

Back