A good lowlight :-/

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wondering what you all thought a good lowlight would be for someone who is totally afraid of warmth, she has a full head bleach at the moment but wants to move on to highlights and lowlights, thanks in advance! X

I whacked an 8-4 (beige in schwarkopf) vibrance on my full head bleach I done mine all over and it did drop to a 7 but was still really cool.

Just be careful you don't get tempted to put too much warmth in or it will go back natural tone. Ps mine was proper White/grey Hun! Xx

So if I translate that to wella or loreal beige it will still be noticeable at a base 8 as a lowlight because it will drop to a 7 also?? Xx

Thanx guys, im so insecure I know what I should/shouldn't do I just doubt myself a bit sometimes xx

Thanx guys, im so insecure I know what I should/shouldn't do I just doubt myself a bit sometimes xx

77/07 in color touch plus is a little bit less warm from what I remember.

77/07 in color touch plus is a little bit less warm from what I remember.

Ooh ok so should go for c/t rather than permanent colour?? Got my blonde hair ordered for colour mixing :) x

If your just depositing then I would use c/t

Ok fab thank you :)

Semi would be better as you only want to stain with colour basically. If you get me? I've done Majirel 7 + 8.13 as lowlights in really blonde hair. In future as well, if your client wants to continue with blonde highlights (guessing bleach?) and a slightly darker blonde/different tone some of the more ash Majiblondes lift really lovely. Or most of the Majiblondes look nice alongside bleach highlights. Depends on the hair you're lifting etc.

Semi would be better as you only want to stain with colour basically. If you get me? I've done Majirel 7 + 8.13 as lowlights in really blonde hair. In future as well, if your wants to continue with blonde highlights (guessing bleach?) and a slightly darker blonde/different tone some of the more ash Majiblondes lift really lovely. Or most of the Majiblondes look nice alongside bleach highlights. Depends on the hair your lifting etc

Ok thanks, yeh I had highlift and bleach when I had highlights and loved it :) xx

I used the base 8 semi bcos my hair was bleached all over I knew it would grab pigment and drop to a 7 which I wanted!

If you're using another brand make sure there's a beige tone I wouldn't go for anything too warm it'll take it back to natural. As in an 8-0/7-0. Xx

Ok thanks guys xx

Hi everyone just wondering what you all thought a good lowlight would be for someone who is totally afraid of warmth, she has a full head bleach at the moment but wants to move on to highlights and lowlights, thanks in advance! X

Hiya,

I just wondered what your clients base colour as i am having a similar problem. My client is a base 6 so would the ct colour over the roots???
Im the same as you, i loose my confidence sometimes x x

Hiya,

I just wondered what your clients base colour as i am having a similar problem. My client is a base 6 so would the ct colour over the roots???
Im the same as you, i loose my confidence sometimes x x

She was about a 7 naturally so I went for 7.13 and a bit of 7.31 as it was the only ones I had in loreal that would do, she was over the moon with it. I think if you went with koleston it would lift the root but use the same colour in colour touch on the mid-ends or maybe someone else can give a better idea??? Maybe even just use koleston xx

Or go for a base 6 ct lowlight even xx

Latest posts

Back