Fake hair extensions - TV research

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fakebritain

Reaction score
Hi there
I'm a journalist looking into the issue of fake hair extensions. I'm hoping to hear from anyone who has come across hair extensions sold as 100% human hair that turn out to be 'watered down' with cheap, poor-quality synthetic hair. Perhaps this happened to you or a client. Did the extensions melt when heated, or become matted and tangled, or behave in another way that wouldn't happen if they'd been 100% real? If you would be happy to talk to me, please send me a PM or email [email protected]
Thanks

Most hair extensions sold as 100% human hair tend to have synthetic filler hairs anyway. Not a large amount but there is synthetic hair in there. I've seen hair that's sold as remy be the same quality as the '100% human hair' but never 'watered down' as you say. But like I say they contain synthetic filler hairs anyway so I don't think you'll find the horrifying ordeals you're looking for.

If anyone is interested, please contact the OP direct by PM or via email as stated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back