£120 for a full head?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveLocksx

Reaction score
How the hell do these people do it lol

With crap hair! X

Maybe just making very little profit? Any profit is better than none if your skint x

I have a theory, I think they must use crap hair and then apply like half a head instead of a full head.. surely that's the only way! Otherwise they are happy making like £20 for 3-4 hours work!

I agree, from the pics they only look like .5g so 200 of these are 100g, making it cheaper for them (£70 ish at a guess cos I don't use .5) - meaning they must make around £50. Thing is the final result is thin in most cases and doesn't look nice. Unless its curled. Curling hides a multitude of sins lol x

Cheap uses cheap. Simple.

Ill challenge anyone who believes this to be a good offer. Bring it on!!!!!

I charge 16 inch £150
18 inch £170
20 inch £190
22 inch £240
I use studio 58 hair and have low prices simply because I'm in a crap area and only completed my training in march

I charge 16 inch £150
18 inch £170
20 inch £190
22 inch £240
I use studio 58 hair and have low prices simply because I'm in a crap area and only completed my training in march

How much do you take then Hun x

cheap ebay hair for star this has effected my business major ppl will pay for crap hair a goos quality hair for 20" full head cost me £300+ for hair alone :-( id rather not fit it unless the client asks its probably £35 weft from market cut off

A girl by mine buys £35 weft hair off ebay and charges £90for a 'so called full head'. Most of the girls she does are moaning after 3-4 weeks that the hair feels horrendous!! Not suprised!! Xx

I can't even get people to pay for just the hair , I'm not giving up ...so determined to get this hair extension part of my business as successful as my normal hairdressing xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Potential clients say oh I can get it cheaper with so and so and I think we'll go ahead lol although I don't say it! There so attracted to cheap prices rather then quality :( I dunno how to get around this x

How to get around it is to let them try crap they will soon regret it! If you buy off companies like SJK you can offer lower prices as their prices are good. IMO I have to be cheaper than most because I only started in May. I charge average of £160 for 150g of AAA hair, £190 for AAAA - more for longer and thicker

How to get around it is to let them try crap they will soon regret it! If you buy off companies like SJK you can offer lower prices as their prices are good. IMO I have to be cheaper than most because I only started in May. I charge average of £160 for 150g of AAA hair, £190 for AAAA - more for longer and thicker

S how much do you take home Hun xx

S how much do you take home Hun xx

She will 'take home' whatever she charges minus the cost of the hair - client paid say £160, hair cost her £100, 'takes home' £60.

Agree with cdawson, have you seen some of the pics of these 'full head' fittings?

Cheap thin hair and not enough of it fitted.

She will 'take home' whatever she charges minus the cost of the hair - client paid say £160, hair cost her £100, 'takes home' £60.

Agree with cdawson, have you seen some of the pics of these 'full head' fittings?

There really hard to compete with these people I don't know how to get around it :( people think there getting the better deal :( and its all thing and straggly! I have a few booked in so hopefully they will see how thick and lovely the hair is! The last girl I did is in love with her hair :) x

Yep exactly

We just cant compete with that.. even using the crap hair, charging £160..hair £100, VAT taken off £20, wages taken off,£30..overheads ...nothing left to put in till !!

I'm actually getting really sick of people contacting me asking how much I charge for extensions and then saying 'but so and so do it for X amount' well flippin' go to them then! I get several enquires a week but only a small percentage actually go ahead but they are the decent clients who had usually already had extensions and learned the hard way! I used to pussy foot around my price with new enquires but now I tell them straight up and most of the time don't get a reply lol x

I think the approach has to be "I am sorry but I can't offer you cheap extensions, I offer affordable but good quality extensions instead"

Latest posts

Back