£150 any length any colour.... Hmm, how do I compete with that one?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShannonJo

Reaction score
So looking through ad in my area and their are girls offering any colour any length full heads at £150!

So a full head of 22 inches in baby blonde isn't? So how do I compete with that? I use good quality hair which is guaranteed to last and include everything you need for the 3 months!

Help!!! X

No wonder I'm getting quieter! :(

Same here sumone offered full head of remy cachet fir £140 think there lying about brand to start with as would cost that to buy hair lol it's hard to complete but don't let it dis hearten u they sooner or later find there way to u with horror stories with them I've been told I charge to much my prices start from £200 and that's on a offer norm £250 x

Yeah I think I need to just emphasise that you pay for what you get and I use quality extensions :) need to get my name around. Thanks Hun :) x

Ur welcome luv the amount of horror stories I had I had 1 lovely girl she had prebonded fitted full head and the girl who put them I'n couldn't get them out so she cut all her hair of she was left with about an inch of hair I'n sum places she thought she was qualfied was she no I fitted her a full head of micro rings four months ago and she was so pleased she really looks after them she said it was best thing paying that bit more x word will soon get round luv summers round the corner so get out there I do a discount every time they recommend sumone that works well x

Good idea thanks Hun x

Don't compete. All the premier brands don't compete or compare. They stand in a league of their own.

Don't compete. All the premier brands don't compete or compare. They stand in a league of their own.

My thoughts exactly! I started a thread last week.... which was closed for some reason, I didn't even include the area so?!... it was about an offer I had seen on my FB page for a full head of extensions for £70 and a free spray tan chucked in!!!

It's all about educating our clients and to be honest I don't think I want the kind of client that is just out for a cheap bargain because you can guarantee that they will not look after their extensions and it will be your name that people put to them. x

Totally agree, so do you recon it's worth advertising what extensions you do and only giving prices as a quote rather than on the website if that makes sense? Then at least you can explain that's why they are prices that was is because they are good quality?

Totally agree I see cheap adverts all the time and I don't try and compete cos when look at their ad that's exactly what I see cheap cheap cheap therefore can mostly equal crap crap crap lol think the thread was maybe closed as so many geeks are threading about it and it's always the same answers you will always get people undercutting its just life sometimes it's really annoying but just one of those things xx ;-)

I'm in the process of changing all my prices. I am currently not taking in clients except referrals. But I do think it's good to have prices as a guide on the website but can say like 18' hair £ 340-400. That way they know kind of what area the prices are in or you get lots of time wasters calling who want it really cheap. So it is good as a guide so clients know what they get and a transparent price list so you don't add on just because you think they can afford it or something ( I have heard of people doing this). But then doing consultation you can obviously discuss more about their expectation and agree on a final price.

You don't see Prada or Armani trying to compete with primark now do you?

Really don't ever try and compete on price, clients don't choose a hairdresser on price alone, and being the cheapest will put more off than it will gain you.

Always compete on quality. Would you rather have Armani clients or primark ones?

You don't see Prada or Armani trying to compete with primark now do you?

Really don't ever try and compete on price, clients don't choose a hairdresser on price alone, and being the cheapest will put more off than it will gain you.

Always compete on quality. Would you rather have Armani clients or primark ones?

Amen. And who is it that not only survives but thrives in the recession? The premium and luxury brands. If you move away the focus from price and instead focus on quality and other factors like service and branding, people will always be coming.

Thanks guys all you advice is inspiring.

I think I will take all of your advice redesign my business and prices. Thank you all.

I'm officially addicted to salongeek :) thanks guys! X x x

Gr and it annoys me people advertising grade AAA hair or whatever. It goest mean anything outside of the company selling it its not an official grading! Gr!

Just looked again and there are adverts for 22 for under 100 pound... What's going on?!

Gr and it annoys me people advertising grade AAA hair or whatever. It goest mean anything outside of the company selling it its not an official grading! Gr!

Just looked again and there are adverts for 22 for under 100 pound... What's going on?!

Omg never fails to amaze me bet hair is of eBay or sumthing I've just seen a shop opening 5 mins away from me offering a full head for £120 how do I complete explaining I'm fully qualified and insured and use efficacy sorced hair and have years of expepraince with many happy clients x don't let it bother u Hun they will soon cum to u to fix there hair x

So is it worth me putting on an offer to show how good my hair is and to promote myself or should I not lower myself...

Yer luv can do I'll have another offer on for Easter I also give £10 give vouchers for everyone they recommend or knock £10 each of if bookin I'n 2s I also put a free after are kit I'n with there first full head ( kit added I'n price already but they think it's free) it's hard to get going but I'll get there x

I'm really struggling to get business at the moment as I am outside a large city where like explained everyone is doing offers stupidly cheap... Really don't know what to do is it worth joining a salon? Or working for a hair extension company or something? Any ideas? :S

Latest posts

Back