1st Place in Fantasy category?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting with bated breathe........

I would love to compete in the 3D nail art catagory, but when you see the talent of these people i sort of think. mine would look boring in comparison.:sad:

Hi Maria

Any luck with the pictures of Zoltan's master piece yet???

hi i'm Penny,
I live in Australia on the beautiful Goldcoast. At the moment i am doing certificate 4 in Assessment and workplace Training so i wil be able to work in the area of an educator here in the beauty schools.
I have a presentation to deliver on Thursday and just want the true steps to just applying the polish and any photos of the steps would greatly help
kind regards
Penny Barns
PS this is my first time on the web site

Hi Penny welcome to the site, you will see and learn loads of new things on here.........Have fun!!

Hi and welcome Penny... you might have more luck starting a new thread as your query might not get noticed as much being part of a different thread.
have a look at Gigi's tutorial Precision Polishing.
hth's
xx

I saw the nails and thought they were amazing!!!

Now I don't want to be a party pooper here but, as much as I admire the phenominal skill and artistic ability, I do fail to see how this applies to nails???!!!

The little designs on the nails were exquisite but little butterfiles and swans etc are in shops everywhere and they have all been designed by an artist at some point.

Now the nails under the pieces were something else!!! Truly amazing.

I don't mean to be a 'Grumpy Old Hector' (for those old enough to remember) but, personally, I would rather there was more emphasis placed on fabulous nail skills for the real world.

Amazing though they are and created with true skill, I think the West will struggle with the East on the dexterity of these designs. Me? I'd rather look at a fabulous set of nails that make the hands look great and have the mark of a great technician that 'gets it'

I agree that the work gets little exposure, I have only seen one airbrush pic and thats why I dont enter as what exactly is expected?

I work in association with Euro Fashions and they not only hold their own compititions they produce their own magazine, the owner has little regard for our magazines saying they are simply boring! His magazine on the other hand is full of compitition work, readers nail art, nail art supplied by product companies and a few pages of news n nail related editorial, all for about £1 - this is a magazine that I want! I do get it but its written in Polish and I have to get someone to translate!
Ok the Eastern Europeans do some wacky nail art but on the page its looks fab!

I saw the nails and have to agree, the detail and artistic ability was fantastic.

I'm with Glo though - how on earth can you create something like that in the time? I struggle to get a 'normal' set looking half decent in that time, let alone trying anything more adventourous!

P.S. Well done Layla for your second place, you'll have to let us know how you squish it all in to the time!

Bryony said:
P.S. Well done Layla for your second place, you'll have to let us know how you squish it all in to the time!

Thanks huni!! Was lovely to see you and the bump!

My timing was gpoing fine until I relaised I had 20 mins to handpaint a ballerina on each thumbs...I did one and threw some rhinestones on the other!! I had I think 2 mins to spare! All my paint work and 3d work was done within the comp time...I did tons of practise to get my times down!

xxx

Latest posts

Back