2nd gel sculpts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spjelgus

Reaction score
Hihi!

I am still in training and have been practising so far on myself and friends. These were my second sculpted set. I used pink and clear builder gel and silver glitter on the smile line. Took me forever to make and I had 2-3 of them breaking at the stress area in the 2 weeks I wore them.

Any tips on form placement would be really appreciated! I am having problems with fitting the forms flush enough to the natural nail tip so as to not have gel getting under the tip. Also have problems making the sculpted tip the same "height" as the natural one, so I get kind of a "dip" at the smile line.

:wink2:

I don't do gels or any other type of lengthening enhancement, so I can't pass comment on the architecture of these, however, I think they are really beautiful, and I would be proud to wear them. Lovely!

I dont' do gels either so can't give technical critique, but I think they are beautiful, really, really pretty and delicate looking. I would pay to have these done.

Thank you so much!:D

i too think they look lovely,i would be proud of them :)

OK all looks lovely asndf your still training so you should be chuffed!

Re the Apex/stress area with a small amount of gel on your brush touch one side of the nail at the apex point lift and let the string of gel this creates fall accross to the other side almost dropping a horizontal line of gel ontp the apex area, then turn the nail upside down for hmm about 5 secs. This will draw the gel down to create shape and strength make sure its flat when turning upside down you don't want the gel to glide towards the free edge or the cuticle area hope this makes sense and is of some help...let us know and good luck x

Latest posts

Back