2nd photo I have filed my daughters nails please have another look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caz3

Reaction score
I have done as you all said and filed her nails as they were too wide is this better?
THIS IS THE 1ST PHOTO THAT YOU ALL SAW PLEASE CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE.
THIS IS HOW THEY LOOK NOW DO THEY LOOK BETTER PLEASE CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE.
THANKS VERY MUCH
CAZ XXX

Hi Caz,
They look a lot better much more slimmed down ;)
Well Done look forward to your next set :hug:

Thanks very much.
Caz

lell said:
Hi Caz,
They look a lot better much more slimmed down ;)
Well Done look forward to your next set :hug:

Gorgeous Caz, what an improvement!!!!

Yeah they look gorgeous, very slender, I your daughter loves them

They do look better - well done you :biggrin:

They are miles better, but (oh I wish I didn't know that word!), they still look a little thick on the free edge end, it is hard to see from the photo though. The thumb on the right looks perfect. Do you remember me saying how you had the line of the light? If you look at the first pic you will see that as the light shines down the nail it is a straight line, now if you look at the second pic the line of the light is wobbly! All you need to do is take a 240 buffer and buff over to get rid of those, remember gel is so lovely and asy to file and buff so it won't take much.

Hope you don't mind me criticising (again), but I have tried to keep it constructive. Like I said before you can only improve if people pick up on the minus points, I always get frustrated when I go for training because I feel the trainers find it hard to say negative things! I literally have to force them to be hyper critical, it's the only way we can learn and improve (but I am coming to terms with the fact that a perfect nail may not in fact exist, we are human after all!!).

Keep going hun, it's so great to see when someone truly wants to improve and refine their technique rather than some of the **** some nail techs churn out and think it's okay (BTW I'm not casting any aspersions at ANY geeks here, just the cowboys in our profession!)

:green: HERE. HERE... They look great. Keep on practicing and you'll go great guns. :) People do tend to do overly long nails and sometimes it's just not the right look. Yours look fandabbydoosy now XXXX Your daughter has loverly shaped hands as well

For your first attempt i think they are absolutely fantastic, they do certainly look slimmer now and not as fanned out, i still think their fab though x

GREAT thanks you criticise as much as you want this is the only way I will learn!!!

Thank you for taking time to tell me what you think I think I understand, and will try all what you have said next time.

My daughter will not let me touch them again as she likes them and to tell the truth she is too busy out and about she does not want to keep sitting with me LOL!!!!

Thanks again
Caz xxx

Sassy Hassy said:
They are miles better, but (oh I wish I didn't know that word!), they still look a little thick on the free edge end, it is hard to see from the photo though. The thumb on the right looks perfect. Do you remember me saying how you had the line of the light? If you look at the first pic you will see that as the light shines down the nail it is a straight line, now if you look at the second pic the line of the light is wobbly! All you need to do is take a 240 buffer and buff over to get rid of those, remember gel is so lovely and asy to file and buff so it won't take much.

Hope you don't mind me criticising (again), but I have tried to keep it constructive. Like I said before you can only improve if people pick up on the minus points, I always get frustrated when I go for training because I feel the trainers find it hard to say negative things! I literally have to force them to be hyper critical, it's the only way we can learn and improve (but I am coming to terms with the fact that a perfect nail may not in fact exist, we are human after all!!).

Keep going hun, it's so great to see when someone truly wants to improve and refine their technique rather than some of the **** some nail techs churn out and think it's okay (BTW I'm not casting any aspersions at ANY geeks here, just the cowboys in our profession!)

Thank You All Of You That Have Been Nice To Post You Have All Helped Me So Much.

Not Sure I Can Post Any More Photos As I Can Not Seem To Find Out How To Delete These Ones I Think I Have To Pay To Become A Premium Geek To Post More Photos! Anyone Know? I Have Only Enough Room For One More Photo In My Gallery!

Thanks
Caz Xxx

caz3 said:
Thank You All Of You That Have Been Nice To Post You Have All Helped Me So Much.

Not Sure I Can Post Any More Photos As I Can Not Seem To Find Out How To Delete These Ones I Think I Have To Pay To Become A Premium Geek To Post More Photos! Anyone Know? I Have Only Enough Room For One More Photo In My Gallery!

Thanks
Caz Xxx

Excellent reason to become a premium geek then !!! cos I'd love to see more of your pics...go on girl get ya plastic out....lol

Yes I know it is but I will have to wait until I get a few more pennys I think I can get one more photo done before I run out of space.

I have just put an ez flow Acrylic on my thumb, I used a white tip, then put foxy lady on white tip and the ez flow clear on rest of the tip it looks great even if I say it myself.

I find Acrylic easier than gel I am not sure why as I have heard it is meant to be the other way round!

I can not send photo but if you want to see it then please PM me with your email address.

Caz xxx

NailStyle said:
Excellent reason to become a premium geek then !!! cos I'd love to see more of your pics...go on girl get ya plastic out....lol

Hi Caz.

They look Fabio but like some of the others have said a little heavy on the shoulders. Other then that great work chick ;)

Thanks very much for taking time to answer.
Caz xxx

PP nails said:
Hi Caz.

They look Fabio but like some of the others have said a little heavy on the shoulders. Other then that great work chick ;)

Your nails look lovely and SOOO SHINY!! I use Creative Retention+ and perfect colour and no matter how hard I try I can never make them shine that much!! So does gel come up shinier than liquid and powder?

caz3 said:
Thanks very much for taking time to answer.
Caz xxx

Yes Gel has a great shine to it with no real hard work.
Caz xxx

DONZIE said:
Your nails look lovely and SOOO SHINY!! I use Creative Retention+ and perfect colour and no matter how hard I try I can never make them shine that much!! So does gel come up shinier than liquid and powder?

Lovely nails....well done you.

Do you think that they could still be a little slimmer, especially the middle fingers?

Yes you are right but you want to try and do my 17 year olds nails!!! you could tell she was fed up she kept sighing saying they are ok you are going to spoil them if you keep filing LOL kids or should I say teens.

Thanks for the feedback.
Caz xxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
Lovely nails....well done you.

Do you think that they could still be a little slimmer, especially the middle fingers?

Yes she loves them but gets fed up with me wanting to change them!!!! I would love to file them off and start again but I know she will go mad as she loves to be out all the time.
She works for Thomas Cook and she has been on a few days off so today is her first day back so I am looking forward to see what her work mates think of them. I know they all pay good money to have there nails done.
Caz xxx

heavenly said:
Yeah they look gorgeous, very slender, I your daughter loves them

Latest posts

Back