3 day barbering course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEMMA20S

Reaction score
Hi all

I am considering going on a 3 day barbering course with the national beauty industry in Leicester. I have never cut hair before!!!

I just wondered do any of you experience hairdressers think that you learn barbering 3 days and remember it, just wanted your opinions really

Thanks in advance

Hiya,

I think with no previous hairdressing experience it will be very hard to learn all your cutting, clipper work, styling and h&s and so on, in 3 days.

x

you can always go and see if you like it , but i dont think you will get any replies telling you it will be any good hun , sorry , i aam hairdresser and i have cut loads of blokes hair and i even get freaked out , mens hair is hard to do especially fading etc ... you are fine if they all want a #2 all over but theres a lot more to it ..
good luck x

Sounds like a bad idea, sorry. Even if they were just teaching you how to use the clippers there are still so many variables which you only learn with training and exposure to a barbering environment over a long time. Maybe its aimed at womens stylists who have no mens experience but learning how to blend, do scissor over comb and how to cut the hairs on the ear as well as around them. Yes basically barbering is all about the cut - not much disguising with styling so it has to be 100%:). I'd leave it if I were you.

just looked the course up online............

The National Beauty Institute brings you an intensive 3 Day Gents Barbering Course. This course will teach you the foundations of quality cutting and leave you with lifelong barbering skills. This is a professional course taught by experienced hair stylists. This course includes all aspects of barbering, from classic techniques to modern styles. You will learn the secret techniques to dressing and styling hair. The course will focus on scissor-over-comb and clipper work, with step-by-step demonstrations by our tutor. As the class number is limited there will be plenty of opportunity for guidance from the tutor. Client head analysis and style suitability will also be covered.

NATIONAL BEAUTY INSTITUTE: We guarantee that if you do not master Barbering the first time round, you may retake the course totally free of charge.

This course is geared towards those who are interested in learning the practical elements of barbering. You will be using both LIVE models and blocks. By the end of this course you should be confident in all aspects of barbering.

Delivery:
  • Classroom
Regions:
  • The East Midlands
  • London
Category:
Further Details

Client Consultation Health and Safety Men's graduated layers Textured crop Barbering advanced techniques
Scissor-over-comb method
Blending techniques
Product Knowledge

On this course you will receive the following:

An extensive training manual to take away
Full Certification on successful completion of course
Knowledge of all the major hairstyles A FREE KIT (See below)

Barbering Kit
1. Cutting Scissors
2. Cutting Cape
3. Wahl Clippers
4. Comb Pack
5. Thinning Scissors
6. Neck Brush

Why chose the National Beauty Institute?

1. We guarantee that if you do not master Cutting Hair the first time round, you may do another course totally free of charge.
2. We have a City Centre training school with everything you will need; this creates a highly professional learning environment.
3. All of our classes are small (2-4 students) so there is an excellent tutor to student ratio.
4. 1O% discount for groups of two or more doing the course.
5. We are a professional institute and we work with live models as well as mannequin heads.
6. You will receive full certification from the National Beauty Institute

I'd like some other Hair Geeks to comment on this because I think its a load of rubbish! my first employer had been hairdressing for 7 years before I got there and he couldn't use scissor over comb! :rolleyes: 3 days! pants I say!

i have to admit we were taught scissor over comb at college and i still hate it ,i am not the best at it at all i personally think it should be aimed at qualified hairdressers i think i would even struggle with 3 days of training and have been a hair dresser on and off for years !!

Hi geeks i work in a barber shop and beleave me you will NOT learn barbering in three days noway in this world !!!!! You wont evan learn how to use the clippers in 3days lol i think that corse is aimed at qualified hairdressers xxx

Last edited:
I actually thought this thread was a wind up. There is no way you can learn an entire trade in 3 days. It's laughable. These people just wanna take money off gullible people.
Barbering, and men's cutting in general is highly skilled work.
This is like saying you can learn to drive a car in one hour.

There is not a hope in hell that you could learn barbering in days! I reckon it would take longer than that for scissors to feel comfy in your hand. When scissor over combing the scissors really need to be an extension of you and to flow smoothly. Some of the girls i work with find it hard to get to grips with gents cutting and they are qualified stylists.

Have to agree with everyone else - no way you will be skilled or confident enough to cut gents hair after 3 days - Men are much more fussy and demanding about their hair now days and short haircuts, for men or women, are the hardest, every mistake is very visible. I would suggest you invest in training more relevant to your existing skills if you want a quick return.

Thanks for your responses, i am definitly going to leave it, i value all of your opinions and there is no way im going to do it, if you are offering as service you must be 100% confident with your technique and with your replies there is no way i would be.

Thanks

I would totally agree that you will not become a competent barber in three days at all without any prior experience, but that is not to say that the course would not give you a good insight into your natural ability and suitability to the trade... If it is something you have an interest in learning about and you don't want to pay up lots of money to study, then why not try going into a barber's and asking them for some advice or possible work experience?? Barbering is a hard skill to master but if you are dedicated and want to learn then you should definately try it out... x

Latest posts

Back