4hr Waxing Appointment!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzyo

Reaction score
So this guy phones up to book an appointment. Fortunately the rest of the afternoon was free because he'd changed his mind and decided to go for the works! Full legs, full arms, back, chest - decided to get abs trimmed instead of waxed thank god!

The big majority (like 90%) of my waxings have all been back and shoulders, so be faced with this big fella (army and martial arts fighter) with a whole lotta thick long hair was a bit daunting. And since i'm not that practiced in legs and arms it took a lot longer then i'd hoped. I was totally knackered afterwards!!

But still it was good practice, and hopefully he'll return and pass on some referrals.

I'm still in my early days of waxing so was pleased with the result - so was he. It got me thinking - what has been your most daunting waxing client?

Mat xx

I do a lot of full body waxing and it's makes you lose the will to live. I normally take 2.5hrs and that's everything from the neck downwards, including Boyzilian. It's a myth that the less hairier they are, the quicker it will take. Not so. When you get a really hairy guy, it's easy to see when you've removed all the hair from that area, but with a less hairy guy, you can be checking and checking to make sure it's all gone.

Don't worry Fozzyo............you will get quicker with each one. You just need to get in a routine with your waxing and make sure that you book out enough time with a little break before your next client. I hope you charged him for all his waxing. Start as you mean to go on.

Well done you.........proud of ya ! xxxx

Wow, sounds like quite a mission. It normally takes 2.5 hours to wax all of me, so that is not bad going.

I'm quite lucky just now as i don't have a big male client base, so none of the full body waxing taking hours!

I'd love to get some more men in as i love working with the thicker darker hair that men usually have, much easier than playing find a hair with most women.

Where did you all learn your Boyzillian from? I can't find a course for it anywhere near me.

It always drives me crazy because in my area there really isn't anything for a wax lover to get her teeth into if she wants to improve. I had to travel millleeees to get a female intimates course.

xxx

OMG well done you Fozzyo I haven't been doing waxing that long either and don't do men maninly because I have a very remote salon - log cabin in back of garden behind 6 foot high walls!! so I wouldn't feel safe. Although I have two very large german sheppherds to protect me (although they are as soft as butter but no one knows that!!)
I have just booked myself and my daughter on a Brazilian course I'm really nervous about it. We practise on each other which is good and each time we do a normal Bikini wax we do try and go further in to get used to it. I'm going to have to buy some strong pain killers before we do the course!! Does anyone know if we need to have the hair short or let it grow a bit before the course. The girl who we booked it through didn't seem to know!!

When I lived in York all I ever got asked for was the odd bikini and lots of brow and leg waxes, since I moved here I keep getting bookings for male back waxing....the first one scared the life out of me mainly cos I was well out of my comfort zone, he wanted back and tops of arms waxing....It took my 1.5 hours....:eek: I was sweating with nerves by the end!!!! But at least I have done it now!!!!

criky i would have been well fed up after 4.5 hrs , by back would be killing :lol:
well done you ,:hug: you are braver than me , hahah xxxx

Mat you're doing great, and you will pick up speed with practice so don't worry about that. I also find full body waxes are a real marathon and usually feel exhausted by the end - do make sure you have a break before your next client as Kim suggested.

Everyone will have slightly different techniques and routines but I normally start with the front, working my way down from the neck to the toes, turn the client over to do the bum, then wax the rest of the back & legs, sitting the client up last of all for the shoulders and arms.

Sounds like you did a fantastic job and if you can get in with those martial arts guys they are a great source for referrals. And I've always found the army, RAF and navy lads are the politest and friendliest customers, too.

You're going from strength to strength with your waxing and have definitely tapped into a gap in the market - good for you :hug:

Andy :green:

Never mind you, what about him.:)

Wow - well done you.:hug: Bet it's done wonders for your confidence though?:)
I'm done in after an hours waxing!!:lol:

So this guy phones up to book an appointment. Fortunately the rest of the afternoon was free because he'd changed his mind and decided to go for the works! Full legs, full arms, back, chest - decided to get abs trimmed instead of waxed thank god!

The big majority (like 90%) of my waxings have all been back and shoulders, so be faced with this big fella (army and martial arts fighter) with a whole lotta thick long hair was a bit daunting. And since i'm not that practiced in legs and arms it took a lot longer then i'd hoped. I was totally knackered afterwards!!

But still it was good practice, and hopefully he'll return and pass on some referrals.

I'm still in my early days of waxing so was pleased with the result - so was he. It got me thinking - what has been your most daunting waxing client?

Mat xx

Wow you must be shattered, I bet your glad you didn't have a couple of them in today.

When I had my salon I used to offer fully body waxing to women and I could sometimes get three in a day at 2.5 hours each. I could feel my self holding on to the couch thinking this is it im going to faint in front of the client. :lol:

I used to have 2 friends that would come in together and I would have to do 1 after the other without a break, one of them was a doddle but the other ladies bikini area was a night mare to do and she always had a hollywood.

I would never put myself through it again,

Mat xx

Well last summer when I moved to Spain I had a client and I am still traumatised by it! She asked for a bikini wax and all I can say is that she made the hairiest gorilla look folically challenged. I felt sorry for her poor love with so much hair, but it was a waxing nightmare that I shall never forget :eek:

I once took 50 mins to do a basic bikini wax on an Iranian girl. She was very dark and the hair was tough and very curly - difficult to know what direction it grew in. She had lots of ingrown hairs and 'the hollow' was a nightmare to do.:eek:
She moved from this area but, looking back, I value the experience of that session.

This post has just reminded me about my sponsored waxing a couple of weeks ago.

After working all day in the salon, mainly waxing & massaging, my back was already killing me :cry:

After a quick bite to eat I had to go out to this event where several brave men had volunteered (sp?) to get their chests, backs & lower legs waxed. By the end of the evening, I'd been waxing them for about 3 hours in total, so you do have my sympathy Fozzyo.

It raised nearly £800 on the evening, plus sponsorship of about £1000. All to go to the Breast Cancer unit of our local hossie.

The nicest bit was receiving a beautiful bouquet of flowers a few days later from my client who organised it all to say thank you.

The most daunting waxing i have ever had to do was the lovely lady that was training me,
she had me do a bikini wax on her and i bruised her when i removed the first strip,
i was mortified and didn't want to do the rest but she made me and and the rest went ok but i still to this day apologise every time i see her,

my other daunting one was an asian male, very dense dark hair and was a nightmare to remove, it used to take me 1 & 1/2 hours to do his back, shoulders and half arm,
you will get quicker Matt with practise, you should have had a go with my legs when Andy gave you the chance at excel (now they were hairy :lol: ) :hug:

My most daunting was my first full body too, i was shaking before he arrived, was just thinking 'please don't let him be a gorilla!':eek:
When he turned up he was really slim and not massively hairy, i don't offer intimate waxing but he had everything else waxed, took about 1 hr 50 mins and i was absolutely exhausted, but he left me a huge tip and a big box of chocs!:green:
the whole experience made me a much more confident waxer, used to hate it when i first started, now i love it and feel that i'm fairly good at it.
...just had to add got some euroblonde at excel and some yummy oil from perron rigot and am officially converted!:lol: great for hairy lips and chins!!

Latest posts

Back