8.0 to warm at roots but ends too light!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi
I have a client who I use rusk base 8 on she is 50% White and natural base 5, she has every other appointment a full head bleach highlights
It's very warm at the roots but quite pale at the ends (she hasn't said anything is happy with her hair but it's bothering me and I want to alter it) I'm going Saturday
Sooo question is if I use 8.0 and add a bit of 8.01 (ash) with it do u think this will solve my problem
I had wanted to tone it all down with 8.13 but when I did a test peiece it went very khaki on ends :(
I have attached a pic of her roots (damp hair) bearing in mind pic don't show true colour correctly but u will get the idea lol
Anyone's help advise or tips would be great this Saturday I'm doing her highlights and flooding colour inbetween followed by a Brazilian blowdry ...
Thanks xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1319733730.050198.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1319733730.050198.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
The hair seems to be more porous on the ends? Or damaged more? You might find the Brazilian blow-dry helps the condition! X

She has brazilians regulary the condition is ok obviously a little pourus it's lightened up as she holidays alot however she wears a hat she says, just wanna even it up and loose some of that warmth from the root, ideally would love to achieve a 8.13 but bit out of my depth with this so would settle for just getting a nice 8 lol x

I would be using 8.1 on the roots with 30 vol the ends
Would benefit from some
8.3 in the 8.13

Last edited:
Thanks alot would u put 8.1 on the root then apply 8.3 and 8.13 mid lengths to ends straight after for full 35 development time? What mix ratio of colours would u use)
Also what vol would u use for ends .... And u think this will give me even 8.13 (there abouts result)
Thanks again!! X

It looks like only the ends really need the added warmth, harder to tell on wet hair! Of course you'll have to avoid the blonde hilites with the 8.1 too! If she likes the blonde I'd be tempted to foil more bleach h/l thru then tone it!

If she doesn't want it too blonde maybe some soft l/l as well! Hope that helps ;)

Thanks I would be worried to tone as warmth at root and pale at ends it could go wrong lol!
She doesn't want to be blonde blonde she liked 8.13 with blonde highlights which is what we were aiming for untill I did the test piece however I hadn't added 8.3 to the ends so this could be ok
Don't wanna get this wrong as like I said she's not even complained it's just me being ott lol x

Thanks I would be worried to tone as warmth at root and pale at ends it could go wrong lol!
She doesn't want to be blonde blonde she liked 8.13 with blonde highlights which is what we were aiming for untill I did the test piece however I hadn't added 8.3 to the ends so this could be ok
Don't wanna get this wrong as like I said she's not even complained it's just me being ott lol x

What colour is the hair you're putting the 8 over? If it's lighter then a 6 I would say only use 6% or ever just a 3% to be depositing colour rather than lightening to to colour? Sorry if I've totally misunderstood, just think it might help the colour grab on ends.

Her natural root is a 5 50% White it has 8 (. Which is golden ) and ends are more like a 10 x

I tested another piece with goldwell 8gb and 3% on ends it's come out lovely now I was wondering as I dont have root and old regrowth to test on if I put this on roots with 9% will it go too golden as it's been kicking out alot of warmth with just an 8 on them? If any one can advise as I don't usually use goldwell I'm going to client tomorrow would be great help

If an 8 is going too gold then surely an 8gb will be MORE gold yes. Can you sum up what you're trying to achieve again? I'm getting confused :\

It's gold beige so wondered if thR beige would counteract the gold ?! It's currently an 8 with faded ends to a 10 x

I would be using 8.1 on the roots with 30 vol the ends
Would benefit from some
8.3 in the 8.13

I'd go with this Hun, the 8gb is still predominantly gold xx

Ok thanks hun wish I had more hair to test so I could see outcome eeeekkkk scared! And don't think I have 8.3 in stock :(

Ok thanks hun wish I had more hair to test so I could see outcome eeeekkkk scared! And don't think I have 8.3 in stock :(

Any 7.3 or 9.3 that you can mix with 8?? If they do those I'm not 100% sure with loreal xx you'll do fine, like you say the client isn't too fussed it's you being a perfectionist :) xx

Any 7.3 or 9.3 that you can mix with 8?? If they do those I'm not 100% sure with loreal xx you'll do fine, like you say the client isn't too fussed it's you being a perfectionist :) xx

They do them but don't add base, it will kill the gold in them :) and do more 9.3 than 7.3 or it will b to dark x

They do them but don't add base, it will kill the gold in them :) and do more 9.3 than 7.3 or it will b to dark x

Ah yeh good to know :)

What would you do there then?? Just do 3/4 9.3 and 1/4 7.3?? :)

Yeah hun do that or I quite like 7.13 1/4 and 9.3 3/4 :) just.trying 7av and 9g in matrix, trying to find different colours so not sticking to the same all the time :)

Latest posts

Back