A little help..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
Ive been renting a room in a hairdressers for about 4 month now and before i started a teeth whitening girl was also using the room every 3 weeks to do the teeth whitening, which i have no problem with. The owner of the shop used to do the nails, i did the beauty in my room and then the hairdresser in the hair stations. However the owner has decided she wants me to take over the nail bar as she wants to go mobile hairdressing. I have agreed and the hairdresser is quite peeved off, jealousey maybe, i dont know. But she thinks that she is incharge of me now and she thinks she can tell me how many hours i have to work, bare in mind i am self-employed therefor i am my own boss! and the other day i had a quite day but still agreed to stay to take calls and book appointments in as she was quite busy, when it got to her last client she packed up her things and said 'right im off see ya tomorrow' she diverted the phone to her mobile and took her appointment book home with her, it really made me mad because she still expected be to stay to sit and twiddle my thumbs till 5 o clock when the shop closed. Then on saturday i was doing a set of nails and a lady came in asking to speak to the owner of the shop, i told her that she didnt work here no more but did she want her number to contact her, the hairdresser immediatly came over and said she would handle it so i carried on with my clients treatment. I then overheard her saying she was the owner and went on to show her MY room what I am renting, she then said she would charge her £75 and she could work how many hours she wanted and what days she wanted to. When thr lady had gone i asked the hairdresser what it was all about and she said she was renting the room to a cheropidist ( dont know how to spell lol) a few days a week to give the salon a wider choice of treatments. It really made me angry even though i work there everyday of the week. I was just wondering if she is allowed to do that when i am already renting the room? I think its really unfair but dont want to lose my room :rolleyes:..

x

That's so unfair Hun I do feel for you. To be honest i do not think she is allowed to do this due to you paying the real owner rent for that room. Now you are working at a nail bar you should at least be paying less rent as you now don't have a room.

If i were you i would speak to the real owner about this Hun.
xx

Bypass this woman, get in touch with the owner and ask what is going on. I agree with Vilet, you need to find out what is going on. maybe you need to see the owner face to face and sort this out before it gets out of hand?

Its your room and you are paying for it, I think you and the owner need to discuss this asap so you know where you stand.

A contract is a contract, verbal or written. SO, if she has agreed its your room, then its yours unless she wishes to change things and then, she needs to discuss it with you first.

wow been here before. The legal advice i was given was that she couldn't sublet the room i was already renting. He compared it to me renting a house then the owner renting it to someone else also! have a word with the owner get it sorted and don't sit back and let it happen, i spent more time worrying and stressing than working!

sounds like the owner wants out hence her going off to do mobile.

That's so unfair Hun I do feel for you. To be honest i do not think she is allowed to do this due to you paying the real owner rent for that room. Now you are working at a nail bar you should at least be paying less rent as you now don't have a room.

If i were you i would speak to the real owner about this Hun.
xx

im still renting the room and i do beauty treatments in there and i do nails out in the front part of the salon hun.. Thanks for your advice that is really true about renting a house and someone else renting it too! im going to use that as an example.. wish me luck! i'll let you's know how it goes:eek:

:hug:

sounds like the owner wants out hence her going off to do mobile.

she done Nails but she missed doing hair dressing so thats why she is mobile now darl

So what happened next !!!!!! The suspense is killing me !!! Did you get it sorted ????

Latest posts

Back