acetone warmer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicjill

Reaction score
I've been looking at machines which heat up acetone for quick removal of enhancements. Some just heat the acetone & some vibrate too. Has anyone ever tried these & do they work faster than usual methods of removal? Looks pretty expensive & don't know if it'd be worth investing in if it's no more effective than what I do at the moment.

They are very expensive and in my oppinion do not work any better than a soak off bowl with a few marbles in the bottom, the clients play with these and it agitates the acetone nicely.............
Or a bain marie.... a bowl of acetone being warmed in a larger bowl of warm water, with marbles again in the bottom.........
Or if you want to soak just one or two nails, cotton wool pad soaked in acetone and then wrapped in foil.... this way you can work on the other fingers, no spillage, no problem.....
JMHO

Nailsinlondon1 said:
They are very expensive and in my oppinion do not work any better than a soak off bowl with a few marbles in the bottom, the clients play with these and it agitates the acetone nicely.............
Or a bain marie.... a bowl of acetone being warmed in a larger bowl of warm water, with marbles again in the bottom.........
Or if you want to soak just one or two nails, cotton wool pad soaked in acetone and then wrapped in foil.... this way you can work on the other fingers, no spillage, no problem.....
JMHO

Thanks, that's what I thought. I use the bowl inside another bowl method which I find works pretty well. Just wondered if I was missing something!

Perhaps pm Fiona (aka Naturalnails). I am sure she retails quick soak off bowls which are meant to be very good (I keep meaning to get one).

Whats with the marbles then Ruth? Does acetone need to be agitated to work quicker?

have visions of you nicking all the marbles off the kids in the street lol
x

If you put marbles in the bottom of your bowl your clients move them and it agitates the acetone making it work faster as far as i am aware.
That is the way we do it

I would definately recommend a quick soak bowl, i ordered one a couple of weeks ago and have found it so much quicker than the foil method

I was looking at one of those acetone warmers in the sina cataloge.
The one I looked at I thought was quite reasonable at £14.99. I just didn't know if they were any good or if anyone reccomended using one.

The quick soak bowls are great.

Yup, aggitated solvents work faster as do warm solvents. A solvent heated just 2-3 degrees C warmer will work almost twice as fast.

Saying that - it still shouldnt take much longer than 20 minutes for a good soak off.

Im not sure if Fiona is still doing Quick Soak. I did hear good things about them.

scattyfox said:
Whats with the marbles then Ruth? Does acetone need to be agitated to work quicker?

have visions of you nicking all the marbles off the kids in the street lol
x

Yep like said, it agitates the acetone and breaks down the product much faster and it gives them something to do whilst sitting there.......

OMG I have been found out, I will be on crime watch soon........... the geeky marble snatcher...........
Oh well just as well I got all my marbles then aint it lol............

We used these when I was in shool I am not sure what the cost was but I didnt think they worked any better than usual method. Maybe the ones we used were not good quality and thats why they didnt work as well as they are said to. I just use the regular method.

The Nail Geek said:
Im not sure if Fiona is still doing Quick Soak. I did hear good things about them.

This is correct, I no longer do them as lots of others have taken them on with much higher advertising budgets than I could ever dream of LOL.

Latest posts

Back