Acrylic training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaamber21

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone can advise on acrylic training? I'm currently trained in cnd shellac and brisa lite but I'm after doing a non branded acrylic course so my insurance doesn't tie me to my training brand.
Full time college is not an option as I work full time and have a toddler
Thanks

Part time college. Mine was one evening a week.

Hi! Are there any salons in your area who do training? I'm in chesterfield and there are quite a few who do one to four day courses. I did mine at a place called top Talons.

I am doing my acrylic course with nail harmony. It's Lucy pastorelli in my area. Fabulous teacher I'm learning loads. It's a nail harmony course so when you are in the classroom you can only use their products but it is a level 3 equivalent allowing you to use other brands. Its 12 weeks one evening a week. I personally think this is just the right amount of time. I have previously done a one day course and it just wasn't enough to get all the practice I needed x

I did my training through nail harmony as well. My trainer in the south west was amazing, so professional and thorough and everything was done to such a high standard. When I was originally shopping around for training I did notice other courses didn't cover half of what nail harmony did so definitely getting your monies worth :)

I've been practising myself with some ASP products.. I want to get into it a bit more seriously now so I'm literally just gonna do the £200 Sally's Manicure, Pedicure & Acrylic course.. Then CND conversion course. Which I believe and have been told is only about £100, so £300 total. Instead of £1000! But I can still stay I'm CND qualified [emoji135]

Oops. Conversion course is £200!

The CND liquid and powder beginners is with VAT just over £700.. The conversion can only be done a year after training and working with your previous brand, if you can afford the extra then you'll be so much better just going straight for the CND beginners because the conversion relies on what you already know from the previous course and I don't believe the salon services is that in depth you'll need to know about the anatomy of nails, bones, skin and muscle, contra indications and contra actions, salon hygiene and safety, tipping/blending, pre tailoring tips and forms, sculpting etc etc so much more, when they say CND training is worth the price - it really is!x

Hi! Are there any salons in your area who do training? I'm in chesterfield and there are quite a few who do one to four day courses. I did mine at a place called top Talons.

Latest posts

Back