Advertising advice!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missykay

Reaction score
Hey Geeks.

Im a new geek (first thread) and i am currently starting a part time mobile spray tanning service, my question is.....Does anyone have any advice/ideas on advertising or attracting new clients?? ALSO.... Names? Im completely stuck on a name for my mini business.

theres lots of different ways you can advertise, i run a mobile nails service so a bit different from wot u do but i advertise is these ways:
door to door leaflet dropping in different area's, ask different places if u can put a poster up advertising your business (some charge to do this) go round your local news agents etc, get yourself a stall at local summer fayre's charity events etc, maybe offer tanning party's and let the host go free if she get so many bookings,, i've also made up things like busniess cards, keyrings and magnetic door signs for my car all of which i have designed and printed myself

hope some of this may help vicky xxx and good luck xxx

Thanks Vicky!

Hi, you can't beat online advertising, get yourself listed on all the free sites like free index, yell, Thompson local, I get a lot from online advertising, and when you get into the swing of it a website would work wonders and then you have to do a really good job and all your clients will recommend you and that type of advertising you can't beat.

Also maybe a referal scheme so new clients get a reward for recommending you to their friends.

Hope this helps, oh names, hmmmmm well I'm not great at that but if you do a search I'm sure there have been loads of threads on names.

Claire xx

Do a search on here about wesites there's loads of info. Vista print do loads of freebies so put your website on your cards and dont forget facebook hth x

Hya,

Online advertising is definately the best way to go.

BT Tradespace is free and Gumtree is really effective £4.99 per post.

The more your business is on the web the more likley it is to get indexed by google and get higher rankings.

Adwords is fantastic too.

I also advise Spa's and salons to advertise on local business intranets. The businesses I've advised have had great success with this. Approach local councils as they have 100's of staff working for them. You can offer something like 15% off- its free to do this

Twitter and facebook is amazing, its been great for my online mag.

For the name of your biz its alway best to go with something that includes your business, google picks these up really well. i.e spraytan4u.com

There's lots more ways but don't want to bore you with long response.

Natasha ;)

www.thetrustedbeautyguide.co.uk

Last edited:
Hya,

Online advertising is definately the best way to go.

BT Tradespace is free and Gumtree is really effective £4.99 per post.

The more your business is on the web the more likley it is to get indexed by google and get higher rankings.

Adwords is fantastic too.

I also advise Spa's and salons to advertise on local business intranets. The businesses I've advised have had great success with this. Approach local councils as they have 100's of staff working for them. You can offer something like 15% off- its free to do this

Twitter and facebook is amazing, its been great for my online mag.

For the name of your biz its alway best to go with something that includes your business, google picks these up really well. i.e spraytan4u.com

There's lots more ways but don't want to bore you with long response.

Natasha ;)

www.thetrustedbeautyguide.co.uk[/QUOTE]

Names wise, are you just doing tanning? will you be branching out into anythng else, nails or lashes for example? Because if you might be, you don't want to restrict yourself in the future with a very definate tanning only name & tagline. hth x x

What do you use, whats your area, have you any nicknames etc x x

Latest posts

Back