Advertising exec not helping me :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicxzy

Reaction score
Hello geekies!

Got a bit of a dilemma...
I put an ad in the local rag past few weeks costing me a fortune etc,
I asked for the ad to be changed this week to include a nice nails pic and the exec promised me she would email it Monday.
It didnt turn up.
Despite loads of phonecalls and emails I couldnt get hold of her.
It went to print yesterday with a few changes but not the ones I had asked for.
I got an invoice this morning for the next 6 weeks and dont want to pay it unless the ad is how I want it.
If she didnt send me the proof as requested and I didnt approve it do I still have to pay?

Thanks in advance......

vicxzy said:
Hello geekies!

Got a bit of a dilemma...
I put an ad in the local rag past few weeks costing me a fortune etc,
I asked for the ad to be changed this week to include a nice nails pic and the exec promised me she would email it Monday.
It didnt turn up.
Despite loads of phonecalls and emails I couldnt get hold of her.
It went to print yesterday with a few changes but not the ones I had asked for.
I got an invoice this morning for the next 6 weeks and dont want to pay it unless the ad is how I want it.
If she didnt send me the proof as requested and I didnt approve it do I still have to pay?

Thanks in advance......

Im not too sure whether you have to pay, but I certainly wouldn't pay it.

The changes wans't the ones you wanted and you didnt see proof so how did you know it was acctually going to print?!

Try and go and see her in person or try and talk to someone else in the office!!

Thanks Helen I will go into town and see if I can get hold of her, I know it sounds silly but I dont want to tell anyone else in case she gets into trouble for it I want to give her chance to put things right first....

vicxzy said:
Thanks Helen I will go into town and see if I can get hold of her, I know it sounds silly but I dont want to tell anyone else in case she gets into trouble for it I want to give her chance to put things right first....

Umm, yes but its abit late to put things right as she has already put your ad into print.

As long as you made your changes to your ad clear, she is in the wrong.

I think a thread has been posted before and it was said that if you haven't seen the proof and haven't given it the ok then you dont have to pay, but I could be wrong!!

Good luck :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back