Advice from creative masters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
Hi
I would like some advice from anyone that has taken their creative masters. I had my pre masters on sunday, I got 177.5 % . Iwas told that I would be able to take my master this Sunday, but to go and study and practice. I am just wondering if you think I should go for it while it is still fresh in my head, or would I be better off waiting 8 weeks and taking it then?

any advice appreciated.

Hi Jac,

I personally think you should go for it when you feel ready to do it. So if you feel ready now, go for it now, if not do it in 8 weeks or whenever you said it was.

Hey Jaqui,

What Pre-Masters class did you do? That class doesnt start until March. I am wondering if it was the old conversion course and now you are wondering about starting the masters program? If so... then you would have to start with Pre-Masters (different than the old conversions).

Sorry to be so confusing. I am just trying to understand which courses you took! ;)

OK. but with respect!
If you don't think you're ready why ask?

The Masters is something I am aiming towards but if you feel your training hasn't been sufficient why go in for the Masters and fail? PRACTICE...PRACTICE ...PRACTICE... YES BUT...I CAN'T AFFORD IT. HAVE SOMEONE MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST YOU SWEETIE... THEN TELL ME YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT. Have training on a 1 to 1 for a couple of times to perfect your weak points? Yes I now it's not cheap, but the world wasn't built in a day was it? AND at the end of the day you are the only one who knows how confident you are and how good your work is. I know this may seen hard and tough but trust me trust no one. THEY MAY WELL SUE YOU...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little confused by this post - why would they sue?

Cathy

It does sound a little harsh.

I think that while you are siked up for it and the tips that the educators would have given are fresh in your mind you should go for it. They wouldn't have told you to go for it otherwise. I enquired a while ago but decided I certainly wasn't up to the close scrutiny but I admire you for getting this far.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

cuticles said:
I'm a little confused by this post - why would they sue?

Cathy

No its not the conversion I did that a year ago, then the makeover magic , real rebalancing and creative illsusions,I did my pre masters on sunday with Anne swain in aspley guise, as I said I got 177.5. The masters is this sunday but they are holding an extra one in 8 weeks time, I really wanna go for it but if I dont score high enough this time I assume I can still put in for the one in 8 weeks, or else I think I have to start again on the new system.
The Nail Geek said:
Hey Jaqui,

What Pre-Masters class did you do? That class doesnt start until March. I am wondering if it was the old conversion course and now you are wondering about starting the masters program? If so... then you would have to start with Pre-Masters (different than the old conversions).

Sorry to be so confusing. I am just trying to understand which courses you took! ;)

Well I am a little bit confused about the warnings of being sued too?!!! Why would taking a masters exam and failing make you worried about being sued?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hun, if they didn't feel you were ready then I'm sure they would have said so. I guess it's a bit like when your driving instructor says you're ready to take your test and then you start to panic and question whether you are really ready for it. If they say go for it then DO IT!! Should you fail then take it again, but I really look forward to reading your post next week to say you're now a Creative Master.

Hear, hear!

Cathy

Are you sure it wasnt a MQD? There is no score association with Pre-Masters?! And as I stated, the new courses are not out yet (I am finalising imagry and manuals this week!)

I will second that a little confusing about the sueing. I say you know when you are ready and only you can tell that. best of luck whenever you decide to do it.

Sassy Hassy said:
Well I am a little bit confused about the warnings of being sued too?!!! Why would taking a masters exam and failing make you worried about being sued?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hun, if they didn't feel you were ready then I'm sure they would have said so. I guess it's a bit like when your driving instructor says you're ready to take your test and then you start to panic and question whether you are really ready for it. If they say go for it then DO IT!! Should you fail then take it again, but I really look forward to reading your post next week to say you're now a Creative Master.

I did my training with Anne and I was speaking to her last night ( She did fantastic airbrush design on my nails ) about masters. Beleive me, they would have told you if they thought you would fail.

Go for it, I didn't think I was ready for my driving test but passed 1st time! wish I was as good at doing nails.

julesheath said:
OK. but with respect!
If you don't think you're ready why ask?

The Masters is something I am aiming towards but if you feel your training hasn't been sufficient why go in for the Masters and fail? PRACTICE...PRACTICE ...PRACTICE... YES BUT...I CAN'T AFFORD IT. HAVE SOMEONE MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST YOU SWEETIE... THEN TELL ME YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT. Have training on a 1 to 1 for a couple of times to perfect your weak points? Yes I now it's not cheap, but the world wasn't built in a day was it? AND at the end of the day you are the only one who knows how confident you are and how good your work is. I know this may seen hard and tough but trust me trust no one. THEY MAY WELL SUE YOU...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really do not understand what you are trying to say here, I have no problem affording my training, I was looking for advice from CREATIVE MASTER techs. I am happy with my training and have been a nail tech for 4 years, I am aware I still have a lot to learn, But I do not feel that you have the right to make assumptions aboout me........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should go for it!!!
Four years experience, and all the hard work you have already put in, you should go for it!!!! POSITIVE THINKING!!!!

there is a saying....... don't put off till tomorrow what you could get done today!!! I believe you should just get it over with, enjoy the experience, I'm glad I did...... I had a wonderful day when I did my Masters, and did really well after panicking!!!!
The trick is to revise thoroughly, and ensure you know everything about the products you are using!!! I revised far more than I needed to, but I have found it to be very good to ensure I have kept up to date with my knowledge!

jac extreme said:
I really do not understand what you are trying to say here, I have no problem affording my training, I was looking for advice from CREATIVE MASTER techs. I am happy with my training and have been a nail tech for 4 years, I am aware I still have a lot to learn, But I do not feel that you have the right to make assumptions aboout me........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just bite the bullet and go for it ! if you fail try again in 8 weeks.

LOL speaking as a Master Technician, I would say go girl go............as I have been told 177.5% is a sweet score and a great result...........
Everything you have learned is fresh in your mind, so no 8 weeks of attention slacking, mind wondering, self doubting, you are almost there babe xxxxx.....
so do it , go girl go..................I am rooting for ya all the way down here in not so warm and sunny London........OK Hemel Hempstead aint that far from me, so my positive vibes have less far to travel .....

I'd still like to understand the comment about being sued! As long as you have passed a course and have a certificate to prove it your insurance company will cover you, mine does anyway!

I doubt it if many insurance companies now about masters and grand masters qualifications.

Deb379

Go for it girl! I will be doing my Masters exam in a couple of weeks (HELP!) and have no idea what to expect so no idea how well I will do - I can only find out. I will give it my best shot and, if at first I don't succeed, I will try, try again.

You may as well strike while the iron is hot. I am sure you are over-fretting. Do your best and I look forward to post telling us you are a Creative Master! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it while it is fresh in your mind all that training and experience cant help but give you a pass and with a scrore like 177.5 definately go for it.

don't take any notice of small minded people who make stupid comments not even relevant to the situation.

Good luck and cant wait to hear you ahve passed
x

jac extreme said:

Oh no i've dropped a clanger there havn't I. Sorry but I was referring to some client who perhaps could sue as a result of something not being right, nothing else. I am not questioning your work and wouldn't. In todays society people make a living out suing - my neighbour did it twice and made a lot of money. Needless to say I never did her nails for her and have never invited them over to our new house when we moved.

Latest posts

Back