Advice needed ASAP, unhappy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satanicwitch

Reaction score
i fitted extensions about 6 weeks ago and client messaged me 2 weeks ago saying hairs matting so i arranged for her to be seen. but she cancelled and not heard off her till now saying shes annoyed the extensions have matted cause of the cost she paid and been using the hair products i gave her and people say it looks terrible and its knocking her confidence
so i said i need to see her to acess whats going on and send strands to supplier to check for fauilty hair and other hair products abd if it comes bk there other products been used then the supplier wouldt quarentee it. she then messaged me saying i just want them removed. so should i charge her for removal as ive offered to get it checked and if its faulty i would sort it but shes saying she wants them removed. see if it was me i wudnt want them just removing i wud want them replaced if they wher faulty cause of spending all that money. so dont know what to think and do. has anyone else have this happen and if so wot did u do. any advice please asap

After six weeks have elapsed I doubt any supplier would look and any issues now, usually they specify any issues must be reported within the first four weeks. I bet that by this time she has used up all of the products you gave her and moved on to something else which has damaged the hair. If she wants them out so be it but charge her for removal.

imo, if the hair was faulty you would have heard way before the 6 week mark. It is almost always down to aftercare - Can you not offer to go and do a free trim and get her to show you how she looks after it and her products?

I am pretty sure with a trim and some oil it will be fine (if it is even that bad).

Perhaps you could recommend that she tries using some argan oil for a week or so to see if this solves the problem. If she has switched to another shampoo for aftercare this may help to correct the problem, and as S.H.E suggested sometimes a nice trim can help to fix the problem.

Kind Regards

she was messaging me at 2am. she now wants a refund and reporting me to trading standards i gave her argan oil in the aftercare pack and had the options shampoo and cond but it was only 100ml bottles so i bet ur right shes used them and gone onto anther shampoo. but how cam i prove this as she says shes been using my products. anymore advice please geekers

she was messaging me at 2am. she now wants a refund and reporting me to trading standards i gave her argan oil in the aftercare pack and had the options shampoo and cond but it was only 100ml bottles so i bet ur right shes used them and gone onto anther shampoo. but how cam i prove this as she says shes been using my products. anymore advice please geekers

If a client is ranting and not prepared to see you I will bet my *** that she has done something with the aftercare, if you have tried to meet with her and she is being difficult then you have done what you can to help her out.

Just stay calm when responding to her and keep every bit of communication that you have between you, best of luck.

If you have proof that you have
A. Invited her back in to asses the situation
B. Provided her with all the professional aftercare products
C. Done a consultation to provide your client with all the information that he/she needed.

Then she shouldn't really have ground to build from.

The problem is with new extension clients they don't quite understand about how much of a lifestyle they are ie treatments needed etc.

People will try and get something for nothing and your client has not returned after being invited on then you've done nothing wrong.

Air-Hed Hair

I think you have got her worried that she is going to get found out that she has used other products that's why she said she just wants them out instead of taking samples, offer to remove them only. Other than just offering an aftercare pack I would get people to sign to say they will follow aftercare advice and should any problems occur a sample will be sent off as a matter of course.

I would offer to take them out for free. This will keep her happyish. I bet she has matted them herself by not using the correct products and aftercare. After all hair extensions take some looking after. They are not like normal hair and they can matt up if they are not cared for correctly.

You need I think back to what after care advice you gave her. Such as when shampooing. How often to shampoo. Correct brush. Correct products. Maybe you missed something out? Or maybe she's just been silly and messed her extensions up

💇 Livvy 💇

From experience offer NOTHING for free, if they think they can get something free out of you they will keep pushing for a refund, I learned this the hard way. There's always the clients that think they have some sort of hold over you because they paid you for a service, she probably thinks the hair is cheap and you pocketed the rest of the money!

I would not take them out for free, she complained but didnt come back immediately and now at 6 weeks is asking for you to remove them, this is down to her aftercare without a doubt and you have offered to see her on a number of occasions by the sounds of it. I would check your consultation forms through and aftercare forms which should have both been signed by the client(I review mine every 6 months) just to make sure you have covered everything

If she does come back to you for a removal, i would take pictures of her hair and any matting as it sounds like she hasnt looked after them and then you are covered

It wouldnt hurt to also send a sample of the hair back to the supplier, they can also give you advice and will be able to tell if other products have been used

Clients like that are very quick to shout and holler about Trading Standards, just be calm and professional and reiterate that you have an open door policy and cannot possibly comment until you have seen the hair for yourself

hope that helps :)

I had extensions a couple of years ago and treated it like normal hair and it went so horrible in a matter of weeks!! It sounds like it's her not looking after them correctly.. I would offer her a discount to remove them but do state you haven't had this problem before but you will do it as a good will gesture maybe? Best to have a happy client rather than someone giving you a bad name for no reason! But defo see the hair before you offer anything and give your opinion xx

I've had this happen to me. Client refused to buy the aftercare pack therefore forfeited any type of guarantee

She complained about her hair, didn't turn up for a free check up, then again after 6 weeks then demanded a removal at 11 weeks.

I got harassed bus email and text at 2am and 7am too!

I refused to be bullied into giving a refund as she had been using Asdas own shampoo plus had it dyed white blonde

She threatened me with Trading Standards, so it contacted them myself I refused any bird communication with her unless it was sent recorded to my solicitor

Needless to say she didn't bother me again after Trading Standards said she had no claim

I've since found out she's done this with her previous extensionists!

Stick to your guns and don't be bullied into doing anything for free. You have provided her with a service and have carried the service out in a professional and efficient manner with the knowledge required ( this satisfies T.S)

Not called Dianne is she? Lol

Excuse the typos don't know how to edit from my phone

Latest posts

Back