Advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yve93

Reaction score
Hello wondering if anyone could give me adivce on the following.
I'm fresh out of NVQ level 2 and I saw a job advertised locally in the next village to me. I went and met with the owner who is a hairdresser (not beautician) and she has a set up for salon...she thought she might need me two days a wk initially until a client base forms.
Last night I went for what I thought was a trade test, but I actually just ended up doing a pedicure on a client who won vouchers for treatment!
Client was happy. Owner asked me if I could be available if she just called when a client needed an appt, for now that suits me, obviously she'll have to receive further f/back on my other treatments.

Sorry for longwinded msg. Basically she was saying she could either pay me an hourly rate which i guess would be minimum pay or 30% of what she charges client.
I was thinking 30% and then once we establish clients are happy we could then re-negotiate, anyone have ideas on what a suitable rate would be, bearing in mind she's bought and will buy any equipment needed and products to be used.
She also said i could invoice her so was thinking of setting myself up as a small company as I guess I would be self-employed if I'm invoicing her, would also like to set up insurance.

Any advice on above or in relation to what else i could do would be greatly appreciated....many thanks. x

Latest posts

Back