Advice on commission for employed stylist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlcake

Reaction score
We have had a newly qualifified stylist working with us for about 7 months, came with no clientiele but slowly building up, wanting to keep her motivated by introducing commission base or targets ????Any suggestions would be appreciated :lol:

i think commision would be a good idea she will then get something in return for workin harder....you should set targets to take a certain amount of money or do 'x' amount of colours a week.....and if achieved a small bonus

Yes commission is a great idea.. It will motivate her more, but i would suggest to only pay commission on what she takes over the target that you set. That way she will be aiming to exceed your expectations of her.. As apposed to just hitting target. Also, maybe pay her commission on the retail products that she sells too? That will make her more inclined to talk about the products that she is using on her clients and promote them at the same time :) .. You often find that clients will come in specifically for just the products sometimes too if they find themselves running out - and that's always a good little bonus :)
Good luck in what you choose to do xx

i think commision would be a good idea she will then get something in return for workin harder....you should set targets to take a certain amount of money or do 'x' amount of colours a week.....and if achieved a small bonus

Three colours a day, 2 retail products a day, easy!!

Thanks for your comments girls. We had been thinking of setting a target and also giving comission on retail products sold.

Latest posts

Back