advice on pricing prom deal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

i want to offer a prom deal
my prices are
£25 full set (£22.50 for new client)
£15 infills
£15 removal and mini manicure
£3.50 cuticle oil
rhinestones 20p/stone flowers & stars 30p/paint around 50p
i was thinking and i wondered if i made some special leaflets to dish out to the schools:
would £32.50 be ok to charge for a full set & either safe removal or infills
then at least i know they will have them infilled or removed safely as they have already paid for it
but this does not include nail art or cuticle oil but they could have it all if they wished for round abouts £40 (which is price some paid last year to go to a big shopping centre out of town (not including bus fare!) to get them done there)

please tell me what you think of this price?
and what could i do to jazz up a manicure on the price list to make those kids who dont want extensions have a manicure instead?
and how could i target the boys to get a manicure?

all help and advice appreciated!
thanku
x

Don't know if this helps at all but rather than offering a particular package I am offering 20% off whichever treatment they choose, provided they bring their ticket with them to the appointment to prove they are actually going. I figured that way they can choose how much or how little they want to have done but everyone gets a discount, it seemed easier than trying to come up with a whole range of packages that would suit everyone.

I have a teen menu which includes temporary extensions/weekender nails and the price includes removal, but given that the girls will generally be school leavers then they could have extensions if they want.

I also have a couple of packages that could appeal - manicure and pedicure for £25 (usually £15 each), pampering parties (a group of girls could be getting ready together) which is a mini manicure or pedicure plus a goodie bag for £15, a mini manicure, nail art and goodie bag for £20, or mini manicure, mini pedicure and goodie bag for £25.
Not sure what you could do to encourage the boys really - I think possibly that at the age of 16-18 they are still thinking that nail care is too girly :D
Good luck with it hun, I think a lot of us are counting on the school proms for a bit of extra income!!

i just really wanted to make sure that they came back for their infills or safe removal and they cant turn it down if its booked and paid for
x

I like the idea of paying for the infill in advance. I often find when you do a promo for full sets people take just that and then don't book the infill, they say "i'll ring you" then they either don't or when they do call its the night before and you can't fit them in.

Make a point that they are getting the infill at a special 1/2 price rate for the advance booking.

Hiya i can see what your trying to do, but i think it gets a bit confusing for clients..i would stick to a simple 20% off ...but your right to try to get them to have the nails taken off by you. I always say i will remove them for you at a cost of 10.00 and i include a manicure and paint (if required) in the cost.

xxx, i think schools would work well

if i made a leaflet saying-
prom deals
£32.50 for full set & a choice of safe removal or infills-saving £5

is that confusing?
(it would usually be £22.50 for new clients 4 first full set and £15 for removal or infills)
so they would save £5
and they would either look after them or get them removed safely

i could also advertise my extras (manicures and cuticle oil and nail art) at bottom at no special offers

or i could just give all regular prices and say 'make saving of £5 when u book infills or removal when u have your full set'

but then maybe they wouldnt make an appt at all
my plan was tpo not do them at all unless they paid for this too

am i just being over-protective-should i just trust them to make their own choices and listen to my aftercare advice?
x

Hiya again, the best deal i heard on here was for every new client you intoduce you get your next infill free. I am planning on using this soon. You sound to me like you are being very professional and taking the time to try and encourage and educate safe removal of nails. well done sorry I'm not helping much but i haven't done many specials yet. xxx

Latest posts

Back