Advice on where to find rooms to rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKMassage

Reaction score
I’m a level 3 qualified sports massage therapist and also qualified in hot stone massage. Currently awaiting the arrival of baby number 1.
I’m hoping to build up a business whilst on maternity leave and have a few hours at a local physio clinic to go back to, but ideally want to rent a space of my own and work mobile as the clinic take 50% and dictate the prices, meaning I’d have to work a heck of a lot of hours there to make it feasible.
Looking for advice on where to find spaces to rent and the kind of going rate for the (south) Derbyshire area
TIA

I'd definitely recommend renting your own space rather than giving 50% to the clinic. I can't comment on the Derbyshire area, but up here (Scotland) it would be wise to ask at the hotels near golf courses (not the huge spas but the smaller hotels) if they have a room to rent, or the tennis clubs. That's where I'd start anyway. From there - then it's worth just going around the salons one day with your card and asking if there's space to rent a room one or two days per week. That's some spaces - hopefully someone else can advise on price rates for your area. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back