Advice re where next (holistic therapy)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_B

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
Just after a little advice.
I am qualified in Indian head, body massage and ear candling.
I work full time 9-5 in an office currently but really want to get my massage off the ground a bit and go mobile. The last few months I have been treating friends and family and friends of friends, etc, but its not been very regular and I havent got much feedback other than basic "yes that was really nice" , etc,etc, and they dont seem to have reccomended me to anyone so I feel a bit unsure.
Anyway,as I want to work more in holistics now, I have contacted nearly all the local (and not so local) salons and various establishments to see whether there are any part time vacancies that I could work evenings and weekends to build up my experience some more. Apart from an offer in a health clinic to rent a room 40 minutes away there has been nothing. But to be honest Im not feeling too confident about myself so I dont think I would actually get any clients if I did this, plus I cant see it financially working at the moment.
So thinking about going mobile now, but I live in such a small town and with this recession going on Im not very hopeful Im going to get any clients interested. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about what road I should go down to gain some more experience or ways to market myself a bit more (without breaking the bank!)
Sorry for the long rant. I am just unsure as to what to do next really.
Thanks

Are you anywhere near Center Parcs? I have worked there and we had Holistic therapists, this is a fantastic place to work for experience, training and lovely perks.

Have a look at the website for Aqua Sana to see if there are any vacancies, there is generally weekend therapists required.

HTH

Am about 25 mins away from there. Great, I will check it out, thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back