after care advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spurs

Reaction score
Hi, i am a new technician and many of you have helped me before. I was wondering if there is any wording that is on here that I can out on some aftercare leaflets. I am only charging people a nominal fee to do their nails as I need as much practice as I can get, I only charge about £10 to cover the cost of materials. One lady in particular, had a full set of gels, which she really like, she then rang me and said that she went to see her horses AND WAS VERY CAREFUL WHEN SHE WAS MUCKING OUT, and one broke off, she then said I also had trouble getting my riding boots on(have you evey tried getting riding boots on with nails) I used to have enough trouble without nails, when I was a kid. The other client, who I must stress is not a friend of mine, had a lovely set of fibreglass, 3 coats of products, they looked good. I was then told she was seen fighting in a drunken stae in the street, and guess what shes now moaning that her nails are broken. This is really beginning to knock my confidence now. My friend said that I should charge more and they may look after them more, what do you all think. If I could get a leaflet done to give them afterwards they may realise that there new nails need looking after and are not made of steel. Thank you.

hi,

if you do a search on here i`m sure there is loads of threads on aftercare advice??
I would also take your friends advice and charge a bit more.. I have recently done this as i was only charging 10 pound to start with while I was getting some practice and experience and had clients that weren`t too bothered about caring for there nails properly and would miss rebalances and some picked them all off (even though i advised them not to) and came back for a new set. but now that i am charging a bit more they seem to take better care of them..
hope this helps

If you go onto the designer nails website www.designernails.co.uk go to NVQ and element 3 there is some afercare advice there to give you an idea.

Mucking out stables and fighting will defiantely cause peoples nails to break. it is an excellent idea to give them an aftercare leaflet so they cannot blame you for breakages. in this instant these breakages are NOT your fault.
x

spurs said:
Hi, i am a new technician and many of you have helped me before. I was wondering if there is any wording that is on here that I can out on some aftercare leaflets. I am only charging people a nominal fee to do their nails as I need as much practice as I can get, I only charge about £10 to cover the cost of materials. One lady in particular, had a full set of gels, which she really like, she then rang me and said that she went to see her horses AND WAS VERY CAREFUL WHEN SHE WAS MUCKING OUT, and one broke off, she then said I also had trouble getting my riding boots on(have you evey tried getting riding boots on with nails) I used to have enough trouble without nails, when I was a kid. The other client, who I must stress is not a friend of mine, had a lovely set of fibreglass, 3 coats of products, they looked good. I was then told she was seen fighting in a drunken stae in the street, and guess what shes now moaning that her nails are broken. This is really beginning to knock my confidence now. My friend said that I should charge more and they may look after them more, what do you all think. If I could get a leaflet done to give them afterwards they may realise that there new nails need looking after and are not made of steel. Thank you.
hi i can send you an aftercare leaflet if you like or the osns sell them in packs

joolz said:
hi i can send you an aftercare leaflet if you like or the osns sell them in packs

could you send me one please

clairelee69 said:
could you send me one please
ye no probs pm me your address

hi, if you are anywhere near an Alan Howards store they do packs of aftercare cards telling the do's and don'ts and the client has to sign the bottom portion, which you keep, to show they have understood this advise.

Catxx

I would love a leaflet, do you mean by email or post, thanks

WHAT TYPE OF AFTERCARE ADVICE SHOULD BE GIVEN

TO CLIENTS WHO WEAR NAIL ENHANCEMENTS?

Many problems are caused by clients not following the technician’s advice or failing to return to the salon for regular maintenance. If clients follow these simple guidelines, their nail enhancements will stay looking beautiful, be long-lasting and cause no damage to the natural nail at all. Their investment will be worth every penny and they will never have to look at unsightly hands again.

• If the client has very short nails, she/he should start by having the nails extension quite short so as to become accustomed to them gradually.

• If the client bites or picks their nails, a warning must be given that if they do this to the nail enhancements it will weaken them and substantially reduce the life of the enhancement as well as cause damage to the natural nails.

• Nail enhancements are not to be used as tools to pick or scratch at things as this puts undue pressure on the enhancement and may cause them to weaken and break.

• Nail enhancements will be weakened and damaged by harsh treatment e.g. exposing them to detergents without wearing rubber gloves, which can cause them to become dry and brittle and more prone to breakage.

• Relative to a client’s life-style and activity level, nail enhancements may need fortnightly or three weekly maintenance. If the enhancement is lifting or damaged and this is ignored, it could lead to a bacterial infection.

• If lifting is noticed by the client advise them not to pick or pull at the lifted area, as this will cause the lifting to increase and damage the natural nail.

• Nail enhancements can be removed safely in an appropriate Remover followed by a manicure to restore flexibility to the natural nails. This is a professional salon procedure and should never be carried out by the client.

• When removing nail enamel, always use a remover recommended by the nail technician. A non-acetone remover is considered most appropriate for artificial nail structures.

• When wearing nail enhancements, avoid pulling backwards against the tips of the nails; this could cause injury or breakage. e.g. pulling laundry out of the washer.

• Nail enhancements are flammable and should be kept away from direct sources of heat.

• Use a recommended oil daily for moisturising nail enhancements to keep them flexible. Using the correct oil will substantially prolong the life of the enhancements and reduce the risk of breakage.

• Treat your new nails with care until you get used to them. There are many traps for unsuspecting nails,(car doors, kitchen cabinets, switches, etc.) be aware of them and you will soon get into the habit of using your hands in a different way.

• Leave your new nail enhancements alone and let your professional nail technician look after them for you.

• Always follow your nail technician’s advice – She/He is the trained professiona

Latest posts

Back