Aftercare pack for hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GinaLou84

Reaction score
Hey lovely people!

I am thinking about an aftercare kit which shall be given out after initial fitting.

I want to include a hair brush, argon oil and shampoo, conditioner and a treatment and wondered.....

Shall I give this out as included in the price of a fitting or so I charge as an extra?!! Xxxx

I personally Don't give out an oil and treatment with brand new extensions. Extension hair actually performs best with light, non-siliconey/build up products. I give my clients Fudge Make a Mends shampoo & conditioner as well as a heat protector. It helps prevent dryness from the start instead of just treating it! Only use oil/masks at the end of the lifespan to give them a kick x

Lovely thanks so much Hun, I love fudge products so will look into that- do you buy them wholesale? Xx

Hey lovely people!

I am thinking about an aftercare kit which shall be given out after initial fitting.

I want to include a hair brush, argon oil and shampoo, conditioner and a treatment and wondered.....

Shall I give this out as included in the price of a fitting or so I charge as an extra?!! Xxxx
I would just do a sulphate and paraben shampoo, Conditioner, leave in Conditioning/detangling spray, and a brush

Do not use x ten it's literally the worst hair extension care ever!

My aftercare pack is loreal everpure shampoo and condtioner, g2b hair oil and a special hair extension brush. I charge£25 for this.
Clients wanting to pay more I sell morrocan oil products

I don't include them in the price I think because it's already a good price clients say yes to it x

Thank you so much everyone xx

I personally Don't give out an oil and treatment with brand new extensions. Extension hair actually performs best with light, non-siliconey/build up products. I give my clients Fudge Make a Mends shampoo & conditioner as well as a heat protector. It helps prevent dryness from the start instead of just treating it! Only use oil/masks at the end of the lifespan to give them a kick x
Hi ColourBoy, I have been informed that argon oil when heated is drying/straightening actually dried the extensions out. Would you agree with this? I had some Russian #613 new extensions which felt corse from the offset but after using argon oil with no heat applied, these extensions are very corse and brittle. Only a month old! What would you suggest to alleviate the problem? Clarifying shampoo was suggested to me? TIA

Hi ColourBoy, I have been informed that argon oil when heated is drying/straightening actually dried the extensions out. Would you agree with this? I had some Russian #613 new extensions which felt corse from the offset but after using argon oil with no heat applied, these extensions are very corse and brittle. Only a month old! What would you suggest to alleviate the problem? Clarifying shampoo was suggested to me? TIA
Clarifying shampoo will just dry them out even more as it's used to strip hair back and remove any product build up. I would suggest if the hair is corse and brittle after just a month then you need to contact your supplier as could be a bad batch of hair

Clarifying shampoo will just dry them out even more as it's used to strip hair back and remove any product build up. I would suggest if the hair is corse and brittle after just a month then you need to contact your supplier as could be a bad batch of hair
Hi, thank you for your reply and help. I contacted the supplier and they said that they would not recommend Argan Oil being used on their extensions (Well known Seller of Russian Hair lasting up to two years). They were putting it down to me using Argan Oil as causing the problem, so whatever I say I don't think I will get anywhere. I'll just have to put it down to experience unfortunately and won't be recommending it to others.

Argan oil definitely drys hair out! Anytime I've used it on any set it makes it limp and lifeless to. I don't use anything on the hair except hair extension shampoo and conditioner

Latest posts

Back