Aftercare to a new client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuttie_Pie

Reaction score
When you first do a new clients set of L&P nails... Would you almost certainly tell them to use a cuticle oil in the aftercare provided???

ohh yes...everytime...and to wear gloves and to treat them as jewels and not tools...xxx

Yes, always. A client shouldnt walk out of the salon without one.

It keeps the extensions in better condition and will help you when it comes to re-balancing.

I can always tell when my clients havent been using cuticle oil, but they'll still try and tell you they have.

I tell them to apply it, when they are watching eastenders, if there not a tv fan. You'll be able to find out something they do every day e.g on the train to work. So you can reccommend them to apply it then.

Hope this helps xx

Lol Sal told me that jewels one it makes me giggle.

My auntie had hers done the other day at a salon so i asked her when i was babysitting the other day if i could pinch some cuticle oil.. She just replied whats that for?? She hadnt been told much after care just to wear gloves when washing up....

I love cuticle oil can't live with out it...

I've put about using the solaroil on the aftercare leaflet I give to people

I actually include a Solar Oil pinkie with every full set, IMHO its essential, I see it as part of the service. A few clients have been surprised when I have given them the bottle asking whats it for, they have had nail enhancements previousley but have never been advised to use oil before!
HTH
KxXx

I always talk the client through aftercare while i am applying them. Some people know about oil, but alot don't. Its obvious that alot of salons don't offer it! This does suprise me as i thought it was a must.

talented talons said:
I always talk the client through aftercare while i am applying them. Some people know about oil, but alot don't. Its obvious that alot of salons don't offer it! This does suprise me as i thought it was a must.

I talk my clients through it too and emphasise the fact that it will also make their maintenance visits easier if they are looking after their enhancements, which means they MUST use cuticle oil xxxxx

i always tell my clients to use cuticle oil but they are all too tight to buy it. i was thinking about a free solar oil pinkie with every full set. hopefully they will see how fab it is and then wanna pay £5.50 for another one. they think im just trying to make more money outta em by trying to sell em it - as most my clients have had nails done before and not been advised to use oil as aftercare xx

pinkchicnails said:
i always tell my clients to use cuticle oil but they are all too tight to buy it. i was thinking about a free solar oil pinkie with every full set. hopefully they will see how fab it is and then wanna pay £5.50 for another one. they think im just trying to make more money outta em by trying to sell em it - as most my clients have had nails done before and not been advised to use oil as aftercare xx

I have this from my clients too! I tell them all the benefits but i can tell they think its just so i can get a bit more money!

Maybe free samples are the way to go...

tigerlilli said:
I have this from my clients too! I tell them all the benefits but i can tell they think its just so i can get a bit more money!

Maybe free samples are the way to go...

Dont give them away free Babes you are shelling out to buy them - incorperate it in your costing of the treatment. The Client is paying to have beautiful nails and the Solar Oil is essential to maintain them so include it. Using Solar oil is beneficial both for the Technician and for the Client.
HTH
KxXx

Sal said:
I talk my clients through it too and emphasise the fact that it will also make their maintenance visits easier if they are looking after their enhancements, which means they MUST use cuticle oil xxxxx

I have recommended sally to her now so hopefully she should have lovely looking nails for ages now......

Latest posts

Back