Airbrushing Help Please???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
Hi all! I was just hoping for some help please. I am looking to purchase an airbrush but I don't know anything about them. I dont want to spend heaps but I dont want to get something crappy. I really enjoy doing nail art and do it by hand so I'm just wanting the airbrush mainly for doing french manicures. I know I need an airbrush and a compressor. My local nail shop dosnt sell airbrushes so I'm quite lost. I've had a look on ebay but I dont know wat to get. Can anyone tell me wat I'm looking for. Super Cheat Auto here sells compressors and mini compressers but I dont know if I can use these for nail art. They range between $7 and $150. They've got different volts and other readings that I dont know. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Thanks.

hi charlene maybe jnails can help you or try looking up vicki irvine from nailparts. i have a vega nailaire which is very simple to use. i didnt need to purchase a compressor, it was included.

Oh ok thanks so much. My I ask how much something like that costs? And how have you found it?

i think it was around the 700 mark. i recieved basic airbrushing course plus a few stencils, 6 airbrush paints included. it is a wonderful airbrush, although i dont get it out very much, most of my clients are very conservative, unfortunatley! when you buy your airbrush, always clean it out immediatley when you finish, i take most of mine apart and leave it soaking for half hour in warm water with a touch of detergent, use a soft toothbrush to clean gently plus a pipe cleaner, let it dry thoroughly and use solar oil( or another cuticle oil) to lubricate and protect the areas that screw together. when you do your class they will go into more depth on how to care well for it. i love my airbrush, but in all honesty i was expecting to get more use out of it than i have.

Latest posts

Back