Airbrushing Help???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
Hi all! I was just hoping for some help please. I am looking to purchase an airbrush but I don't know anything about them. I dont want to spend heaps but I dont want to get something crappy. I really enjoy doing nail art and do it by hand so I'm just wanting the airbrush mainly for doing french manicures. I know I need an airbrush and a compressor. My local nail shop dosnt sell airbrushes so I'm quite lost. I've had a look on ebay but I dont know wat to get. Can anyone tell me wat I'm looking for. Super Cheat Auto here sells compressors and mini compressers but I dont know if I can use these for nail art. They range between $7 and $150. They've got different volts and other readings that I dont know. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Thanks.

Hi
A good one to start on could be the NX complete airbrush set sold at TransDesign in USA. I think they have a special of $160 or $190 usd and its about $100 to ship. It offers all that you need to start and it comes in 240volt.
xxx Havent tried but it sounds good, cannot remember the PSI go to the website and have a look.
xxxx:Love:

Thanks for the info. Would you have the website at all?

:)

Hi there Charlene.
Not sure where youre located but these ladies below can help you get in contact with someone in your area.

Vicki @ Nailparts in Victoria -
P - 03 97 252 494
F - 03 97 238 131
Badger Air brushing - body art - tanning systems & supplies.

Jai Harvey Yin @ Ez Flow in Victoria -
Ez Flow - Jai -[J]
P - 03 94 64 44 66
F - 03 94 64 44 67
e - [email protected]

I tried both of those places before I got one, but for just a beginner I think they were too expensive, the two place recommended above. I think for learning you need to spend as little as possible. You could end up just collecting dust if you cant get the clientelle that want airbrushing.
xxxx:hug:

Hi thanks everyone. I love in the a.c.t.

Yeah I dont want something too expensive. Because I will just want to teach myself basically and I just run a side business from home.

I have been looking at something in super cheap auto but I'm not sure if its wat I'm after. It's only the compresser I'd have to get the nozzle etc.

It's called a Mini Air Brush compressor its features are as follows:

1/8HP electric motor
1720 RPM
30 PSI Operating Pressure
42 PSI Max air pressure

I dont know much bout these numbers and they are out of stock anyways at the moment but I just wondered if anyone knew if I was on the right track. It's worth $99. Or will I need to buy something specific from a nail retailer???

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Charlene.

Charleen I don't think you can do any better than the home earn it comes with everything you need including training which if you don't have will just mean hours of frustration
If you don't want the whole story you could just get their airbrush and compressor which is what I use and they are excellent I have 4 which i run off my one compressor
check it out at www.ginawallace.com

also if your not sure what paints to use I recomend media I believe they are the best because they have a special molecular structure especially designed for nails as a pose of createx which is an art supply which peopel just happen to use on nails
Good luck let me know how you get on!!!!!!!!!!;)

Hi there!

Thanks for your help.

This one is a bit over my price limit and I'm in Australia and unfortunately they only operate in the states. :(

Has anyone out there gone ahead and purchased an airbrush without training or am I asking for trouble?

Charlene.

I have. still waiting for it to arrive, will let you know how it goes. I got the one from transdesign.
xxx

Oh really so I'm not the only one. Yes u will have to let me know. So which one did u purchase??? I didnt think you they delivered to Australia. How much was that one and how was postage costs. I've been looking forever on ebay and I just dont know which to get. :(

Hi
Transdesign do deliver to oz. This is what i got, 4220 N/X Airbrush TF-168 Kit/220 VAC. $169.95reg $199.95
N/X Mini Airbrush Kit Model TF-168
Kit contains:- Mini N/X Model TF-168 compressor. - N/X airbrush gun - 5 ft air hose - 1/2 oz. airbrush top coat - 4fl.oz. air brush cleaner - 3 assorted airbrush paint (1 oz. ea.) - N/X Needle Lubricate 1oz. - 3 reusable plastic stencils- Finger rest - Instruction Manual- Warranty Card. It cost $100 USD to get shipped to my door.
All prices are in USD, look up a currency converter and see what is was in AUSD.
Good luck hun. will let you know how i goxxxxx:hug:

Thanks.

I hope its wat ur after. Its so much to take in. I had a look at it and it looks really good. Its great coz its got everything u need to start off with. Instead of getting it in bits and peices. Do you have ne idea wat that is in aud dollars??? I'm terrible with that kind of thing.

Thanks again.

Hi there

Base your decision of course for your price range BUT keep in mind you need to be able to contact suppliers easily if you have any problems or questions regarding airbrushing or the equipment in general.

The phone numbers I listed are a great starting point from the TOP Airbrushing Artists & suppliers here in OZ.

Make a call & go over ANY & ALL questions you may have.

Ask yourself & consider
Will you add tanning - body art?
A natural step from airbrushing nails.

If so can you get the parts for this for yours or is a complete NEW purchase required.

The Badger system has this adapability offering different size needles to accomodate the different paints used.
I'm sure other systems do also.

It never sits & collects dust. Always there on the ready.
At the very least it can be used to dry nails with an extra $2.00 - $5.00 charge.
Its also great for removing dust n debris from the nail.

Good Luck with your decision.
If you are interested & can wait till end of January - mid February I am holding an Airbrushing Workshop here with Jai Harvey Yin [in the Shoalhaven not far from you just over the hill]. email me or pm me if your interested.

P.S. The link below is for a currency converter. Add it to your favourites.Handy to have
http://www.xe.com/ucc/full.shtml

HtH
XX J XX

$368 at todays conversion rate.
xxx;)

Hi there J.

Thanks for your help.

The contact details u gave for Jai are as follows:

Jai Harvey Yin @ Ezi Flow in Victoria - Ph 03 94 35 00 38.

I tried both her email and the phone number you gave but the email failed and phone number is disconnected. Do you have any other contact numbers for her. Also I am interested in the work shop can you let me know details???

Thanks.

Charlene.

Hi there

Sheeze sorry abt that ..Numbers everywhere ....
OK details are

Ez Flow - Jai -[J]
P - 03 94 64 44 66
F - 03 94 64 44 67
e - [email protected]

Ive emailed you some details

HtH
XX J XX

Latest posts

Back