All and any help on starting mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hctinks

Reaction score
Hi all, thank you for looking.
I'm afraid to say but I have a lot to ask! I have absolutely no one to turn to and ask.

I have been working in a salon for the last 3 and a half years and I would now like to take myself self employed and work as a mobile therapist, as well as possibly from my own home.

Does this work, doing the two?

What do I need to do initially before I even start? I.e insurance for home/car/clients, registering the business, a bank account etc??

My treatments would include waxing (hot & warm inc intimate), lash & brow tinting, lash lifting, nails - file & polish only w/ regular & gel polishes.

I had ordered a bed but it was far too heavy so I am now waiting for another to arrive which will hopefully have a significant weight difference.
I will of course need a bed, wax heaters and trolleys to carry it all in. Any good recommendations for trolleys - and any other equipment needed would you say?

I have started a FB page and also a website but not published either just yet. I was thinking of doing some leaflets and standing outside of places such as Boots and Superdrug etc. Is this good for getting clients??

What days does everyone tend to offer, and what hours do you offer appointments? How do you find taking days/weeks off??

I really am so sorry there is so much, but I really do not have anyone to speak to re this.

Hi I might be a bit late lol but just seen your post, I'm in hair and not mobile so not much help but in regards to leaflets, I would say to do a leaflet drop round people's home rather then give them in the street cause I know o just chuck them in the bin x

Leaflet drops around houses, although low uptake, do work well. It's all about numbers so it's a case of getting your walking shoes on and getting out there. Here is a blog post I wrote regarding how to plan the perfect leaflet drop - http://www.penguinmedia.co.uk/graphic-design/planning-the-perfect-leaflet-drop/

Regarding standing outside of places like boots etc, that's a no go. They'll move you on. It may be public area but you need a license from the council to actually distribute leaflets to the public normally. Isn't worth the hassle to be honest.

Latest posts

Back