All suncreams break me out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courtjb91

Reaction score
Hey skin geeks.

I'm on holiday and once again my chest and shoulders are covered in tiny pimples/whiteheads. No matter what off the shelf suncream I use nivea, garnier, piz buin, loreal I always have them.
My thoughts are it's probably a chemical in them.

Question is are there any organic or non chemically range you can buy? Dermalogica ect

It's only ever when I wear suncreams. Never break out usually and happens every time I go abroad

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1493916557671.png
    PhotoGrid_1493916557671.png
    522.9 KB · Views: 64
Have you tried P20? It's an all day sunscreen that you only apply once. I didn't burn at all when I tried it and it's not greasy like some of the creams available.

Eucerin is amazing. My son is allergic to most suncream (comes up in hives) and this one goes on so nice. He is also ok with the Nivea sensitive - white bottle. I feel your pain. Hope you find one that suits you x

Ultrasun is the only suncream my son can use. It's very pricey but worth every penny, my son scratches himself like mad with all the others, some people also recommend one called sunsense xx

Ladival is the best one for me. Cleared my rash and itching in Sardinia. Always use it now

Thank you for all your recommendations. I'm tempted to buy all of them for my holiday in July! X

Eucerin is amazing. My son is allergic to most suncream (comes up in hives) and this one goes on so nice. He is also ok with the Nivea sensitive - white bottle. I feel your pain. Hope you find one that suits you x
Is it the allergy protection one he uses? There's so many for different skin types x

I use Tropic Skincare as it's brilliant for sensitive skin. I'm not just saying it because we sell it in the salon!! There's a 30 day money back guarantee if you don't agree. I'm on holiday right now and I'm using it. Love it! Here's a link to the online store;
https://www.tropicskincare.co.uk/shop/carolinebridger/products.html
Look under the NEW section and it comes in SPF 15, 30 & 50.

I've bought a gel with some kind of natural ingredients from a small shop here.... language barrier was a problem lol but I gathered it was natural from the signs and the hives have gone right down! Tempted to buy bottles of it for my next holiday and will have a look at the suncreens you have all recommended:)

Where are you on hols? I'm jealous!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1494013927.601752.jpg

So it's got worse again. Spread to my face now.

I changed to all natural aloe Vera after sun and bought the ladival suncream someone recommended as it's the only one for sensitive skin the pharmacy had :(

I will of course see my GP soon as I get home Tuesday just weird it's only ever my chest... granted this year it's up my neck and face too as I would expect it to cover my whole body if it was an allergy to the sun or cream.

Now thinking it's a sun reaction due to my sertraline as this only started 4 years ago... since I've been taking sertraline

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1494095109800.png
    PhotoGrid_1494095109800.png
    645.9 KB · Views: 24
It's probably chemical sunscreen, you need to be using a broad spectrum (physical) SPF sunscreen.
Dermalogica Protection sport SPF 50 for the body, AlumierMD SPF's are all broad spectrum. Just look for "broad spectrum" they protect from UVA & UVB rays.

Also dermalogica do a solar defence booster which is SPF 50. You add it to your moisturiser and it just adds SPF [emoji4]

Try Eucerin with Sun Allergy Protection. In the last 10 years of so I've suffered whenever I've been on holiday from Polymorphic Light eruption. The Eucerin Sun Allergy Protection cream has solved the problem.

I would say your medication is definitely playing a part in this. Get to your GP xx

Latest posts

Back